Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Part of the archive of the composer Gerlad Finzi consisting mainly of music manuscripts, [mid-18th cent.]-1992, n.d.
Extents: 8.0 Linear metres (92 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: [mid-18th cent.]-1992, n.d.
A small collection of papers of the composer Percy Sherwood (1866-1939), 1895-1935, n.d.
Extents: 0.8 Linear metre (3 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1885-1935, n.d.
Arthur Sullivan: 'Overture in C (In Memoriam), composed... for the Norwich Festival, Oct. 30th 1866, by Arthur Seymour Sullivan'
'Overture in C (In Memoriam), composed... for the Norwich Festival, Oct. 30th 1866, by Arthur Seymour Sullivan', 1-10 Oct 1866.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 400
Extents: 78 pages
Dates: 1-10 Oct 1866
Collection of material relating to George Butterworth, his father Alexander Kaye Butterworth and Lady Butterworth (née Ionides)
Photographs and correspondence between members of the Butterworth family and significant figures from the musical and literary world in England at the turn of the 20th century.
Extents: 0.6 Linear metres (3 shelfmarks)
Edmund Horace Fellowes: 'String quartett in C major, composed for the Oxford University Musical Union ... 1891' (parts)
Autograph instrumental parts of the String quartet in C major by Edmund Horace Fellowes. Composed for the Oxford University Musical Union in 1891.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 573
Extents: 32 Leaves
Choral compositions by Frederick R. Greenish, 1883-1888, n.d.
Extents: 0.33 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: 1883-1888, n.d.
'The Grand Chant for the 67th Psalm [by] Pelham Humphry [Humfrey]', orchestrated by Sir George T. Smart for the wedding of the Princess Royal and Frederick William of Prussia
Sir George Smart's autograph full score of the orchestral accompaniment for the Gloria to Psalm 67, to a chant in D major by Pelham Humfrey, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 15, fol. 109
Extents: 1 leaf
Maude Valerie White: 'Little pictures of school life', a recitation with musical accompaniment, c 1899.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 429
Extents: 15 Leaves
Dates: c 1899
Louis Hague Barnby: autograph manuscripts of the first four of the five songs published as 5 Songs by Louis H. Barnby (London, Joseph Williams, 1898)
Louis Hague Barnby: autograph manuscripts of the first four of the five songs published as 5 Songs by Louis H. Barnby (London, Joseph Williams, 1898), 1892-1989. Together with a copy of the printed edition.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 262
Extents: 1 volume
Music autograph of M. W. Balfe's 'March for orchestra', 15 Jan 1857.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 15, fols. 1-11
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 15 Jan 1857
Full score manuscript of Symphony no. 3 by H.C. Banister, very likely to be autograph.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.707
Extents: 1 volume
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Music composed by Percy Sherwood, with sketches and drafts, 1871-1938.
Extents: 2.86 Linear metres (25 boxes)
Dates: 1871-1938, n.d.
Orchestral and choral works by George Frederic Sharpe, n.d.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Sir Arthur Sullivan: 'The Light of the World', oratorio for soloists, chorus and orchestra.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 volumes)
Sir Julius Benedict, 'Comrades', song with orchestral accompaniment, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 15, fols. 13-24
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 19th cent.
William Russell: vocal and orchestral music, autograph manuscripts, 1807-1812.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
William Sterndale Bennett's Overture to Parisina, op. 3, based on a poem by Lord Byron. Autograph fair copy, Mar 1835. [Williamson Op.3:A.1]
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 56
Extents: 25 Leaves
Dates: Mar 1835
Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor by William Yeates Hurlstone, partly in autograph, [1896-1897].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 572
Extents: 100 pages
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 16
- 20th century 5
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with orchestra 3
- Incidental music 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 3
- Orchestral music 3
- Overtures 3
- Cantatas, Secular 2
- Composers -- Correspondence 2
- Songs with orchestra 2
- Songs with piano 2
- Symphonies 2
- 18th century 1
- 21st century 1
- Anthems 1
- Butterworth, George Sainton Kaye, 1885-1916 -- Photographs 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra -- Scores 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra -- Vocal scores 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers, English -- Manuscripts 1
- Concertos (Cello) 1
- Concertos (Harpsichords (2)) 1
- Concertos (Organ) 1
- Concertos (Piano) 1
- Concertos (Violin and cello) 1
- Concertos (Violin) 1
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 -- Musical settings 1
- Marches (Orchestra) 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles 1
- Oratorios 1
- Part songs, English 1
- Piano music 1
- Piano music (4 hands) 1
- Piano quintets 1
- Psalms (Music) -- 67th Psalm 1
- Requiems 1
- String quartets -- Parts 1
- Symphonies -- Scores 1
- Trios (Piano, bassoon, clarinet) -- Scores and parts 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and orchestra music 1
- Violin and piano music 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Balfe | Michael William | 1808-1870 | composer 1
- Banister | Henry Charles | 1831-1897 | composer and teacher 1
- Barnby | Louis Hague | fl 1898 | composer 1
- Benedict | Sir | Julius | 1804-1885 | Knight composer and conductor 1
- Butterworth | George Sainton Kaye | 1885-1916 | composer and folk song collector 1
- Butterworth | Sir | Alexander Kaye | 1854-1946 | Knight | railway manager 1
- Fellowes | Edmund Horace | 1870-1951 | Anglican clergyman, historian and musical scholar 1
- Finzi | Gerald Raphael | 1901-1956 | composer 1
- Greenish | Frederick | 1855-1923 | composer 1
- Humfrey | Pelham | 1647/8-1674 | composer 1
- Hurlstone | William Yeates | 1876-1906 | composer and pianist 1
- Newbury String Players 1
- Russell | William | 1777-1813 | Organist, Pianist and Composer 1
- Sharpe | George Frederick | 1863-1946 | musician and composer 1
- Sherwood | Percy | 1866-1939 | composer and pianist 2
- Smart | Sir | George Thomas | 1776-1867 | Knight | Musician and Orchestral Conductor 1
- Sullivan | Sir | Arthur Seymour | 1842-1900 | Knight | composer 1
- Sullivan | Sir | Arthur Seymour | 1842-1900 | knight | composer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- White | Maude Valerie | 1855-1937 | composer 1
- English 18
- German 2