Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Autograph music manuscripts of Basil Harwood
Autograph musical compositions of Basil Harwood, 1889-1939; with two other works, 1878-1904.
Extents: 10 physical shelfmarks (1.10 linear metres)
Dates: [1904, 1926, 1939], n.d.
Benjamin Rogers: Church music copied by Philip Hayes
Copies of church music by Benjamin Rogers made by Philip Hayes 'many of them written from his own manuscripts' (p. v), some of them in 1755, 1777 or 1778.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.96
Extents: 204 pages
Dates: 1755, 1777 or 1778
Church music in score collected by Charles Badham
Church music in score collected by Charles Badham, Minor Canon of St Paul's Cathedral, London, 1674-1675, 1713, n.d.
Extents: 0.44 linear metres (4 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1674-1675, 1713, n.d.
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music, 1892-1940, n.d.
Extents: 14 boxes (1.54 linear metres)
Dates: 1892-1940, n.d.
Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ, copied late 19th cent., owned and annotated by J. S. Bumpus.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 volumes)
Dates: 1760-1806, n.d.
- Indexed subjects: Communion service music X
- Indexed subjects
- Anthems 7
- Morning service music 7
- 18th century 6
- 17th century 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 4
- 19th century 3
- 20th century 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 2
- Motets 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 2
- 16th century 1
- Anglican chants 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Carols, English 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers, English 1
- Hymns tunes 1
- Incidental music 1
- Masses 1
- Morning 1
- Music -- 16th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- 17th century -- History and criticism 1
- Organ music 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Responses (Music) 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Arkwright | Godfrey Edward Pellew | 1864-1944 | bibliographer of 16th-18th century music 1
- Badham | Charles | 1780-1845 | Medical and Poetical Writer 1
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 2
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 2
- Harwood | Basil | 1859-1949 | Musician and Composer 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 2
- Tomkins | Thomas | 1572-1656 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1