Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Manuscripts of Gilbert Burnet, 17th-18th century.
Extents: 1.10 Linear metres (10 boxes)
Dates: 17th-18th century
Copy by George Harbin from an original in William Sancroft's hand of 'Advice given to A. Bp. Sancroft & ye other depriv'd Bps. by some lawyers w[ha]t they might doe', headed 'Of parliaments'
Copy by George Harbin
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. misc. d. 145
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: c. 1689
A valuation (valor) of the diocese of Norwich, no doubt made in 1603 for the new bishop, John Jegon.
Shelfmark: MS. Bodl. 330
Extents: 148 Leaves
Dates: Written early in the 17th century in England
Volume containing contemporary copies of 2 works, 17th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 240
Extents: 73 Leaves
Dates: 17th century
'Vrsacius and Valens examined vpon their Remarks and Animadversions on the Vindication of the Primitive Fathers against the Imputations of Gilbert Lord Bishop of Sarum ... by Samuel Hill Rector of Killmington ... '
'Vrsacius and Valens examined vpon their Remarks and Animadversions on the Vindication of the Primitive Fathers against the Imputations of Gilbert Lord Bishop of Sarum ... by Samuel Hill Rector of Killmington ... ', chiefly written in or soon after 1695 by S. Hill.
Shelfmark: MS. Add. B. 104
Extents: 1 box
Dates: chiefly written in or soon after 1695 by S. Hill
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 1
- Accounts 1
- Antiquarians 2
- Bishops -- England -- Norwich 1
- Correspondence 1
- Finance 1
- History 1
- Legal documents 1
- Norwich (England) 1
- Reformation 1
- Religion 3
- Indexed names
- Burnet | Gilbert | 1643-1715 | Bishop of Salisbury and Historian 1
- Cotton | Sir | Robert | 1571-1631 | 1st baronet | Antiquary and politician 1
- Harbin | George | c. 1665-1744 | nonjuror, historical writer and antiquary 1
- Hill | Samuel | 1648/9-1716 | Church of England clergyman and religious controversialist 1
- Jegon | John | 1550-1618 | bishop of Norwich 1
- Sancroft | William | 1617-1693 | Archbishop of Canterbury 1
- English 4
- Latin 1