Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
[Dr. Robert] Creighton's Morning and Evening Services in E flat, in score, late 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 175
Extents: 24 Leaves
Dates: late 18th cent.
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Music manuscripts of William Adair Pickard-Cambridge, 1910-1954, n.d.
Extents: 0.11 Linear metres (4 boxes)
Dates: 1910-1954, n.d.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
Three settings of the Te Deum and Jubilate in full score, by Henry Purcell, William Croft and George Frederic Handel
Three settings of the Te Deum and Jubilate in full score, by Henry Purcell, William Croft and George Frederic Handel, 1730s.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 575
Extents: 222 Leaves
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ, copied late 19th cent., owned and annotated by J. S. Bumpus.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 volumes)
Dates: 1760-1806, n.d.
Volume of parochial psalmody, consisting of a service and anthems, c 1730?
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 55
Extents: 84 Leaves
Dates: c 1730?
- Indexed subjects
- Evening service music 7
- Morning service music 7
- 18th century 6
- Anthems 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 5
- Communion service music 4
- 17th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- 19th century 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 2
- Motets 2
- 20th century 1
- Carols, English 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 1
- Composers -- Portraits 1
- Morning 1
- Indexed names
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 3
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 2
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 2
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 2
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Cambridge | William Adair | Pickard- | 1879-1957 | classical scholar and composer 1
- Chetham | John | 1688-1746 | psalmodist 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Creighton | Robert | 1636/7-1734 | composer 1
- Croft | William | 1677-1727 | organist and composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 1
- Knapp | William | 1698/9-1768 | psalmodist 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Tomkins | Thomas | 1572-1656 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1
- Latin 3