Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
[Dr. Robert] Creighton's Morning and Evening Services in E flat, in score, late 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 175
Extents: 24 Leaves
Dates: late 18th cent.
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Autograph ink score of Magnificat and Nunc dimittis by [Robert Seymour ?] Bridges, with separate voice parts in various hands, undated, [c 1900?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 387
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1900?]
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ, copied late 19th cent., owned and annotated by J. S. Bumpus.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 volumes)
Dates: 1760-1806, n.d.
Volume of parochial psalmody, consisting of a service and anthems, c 1730?
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 55
Extents: 84 Leaves
Dates: c 1730?
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 5
- Morning service music 5
- Anthems 4
- Communion service music 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 4
- 17th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- 19th century 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 2
- 20th century 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Morning 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Responses (Music) 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Bridges | Robert Seymour | 1844-1930 | Poet Laureate 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 2
- Chetham | John | 1688-1746 | psalmodist 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Creighton | Robert | 1636/7-1734 | composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 3
- Knapp | William | 1698/9-1768 | psalmodist 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 2
- Tomkins | Thomas | 1572-1656 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1
- Latin 2
- Multiple languages 1