Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ, copied late 19th cent., owned and annotated by J. S. Bumpus.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 volumes)
Dates: 1760-1806, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 2
- 18th century 2
- 19th century 2
- Anthems 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 2
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Responses (Music) 1
- Indexed names
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 1
- Tomkins | Thomas | 1572-1656 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1