Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ, copied late 19th cent., owned and annotated by J. S. Bumpus.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 volumes)
Dates: 1760-1806, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 2
- 18th century 2
- 19th century 1
- Anthems 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Responses (Music) 1
- Indexed names
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 2
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 2
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 2
- Tomkins | Thomas | 1572-1656 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1