Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Two volumes of services in score with figured bass for the organ, copied late 19th cent., owned and annotated by J. S. Bumpus.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 volumes)
Dates: 1760-1806, n.d.
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 2
- 19th century 2
- Anthems 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 2
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 1
- Indexed names
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 1