Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Collection of 11 motets and 3 cantatas, mostly by Giacomo Carissimi and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
11 motets and 3 cantatas, mostly by Giacomo Carissimi and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, in score, c 1815.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 595
Extents: 52 Leaves
Dates: c 1815
Collection of Italian sacred music of the late-17th or early-18th century in full score, 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 594
Extents: 97 Leaves
Dates: 18th cent.
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi. English copy in the hand of Sampson Estwick, [1690s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 590
Extents: 207 Leaves
Lowe's set of 'Latine & English Songs... by the best Italian and English Authors', 2nd half of 17th cent.
Extents: 0.88 Linear metres (8 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 2nd half of 17th cent.
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
'New Bookes for vocall'. Eight 3-part motets copied by E. Lowe, .
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. c. 20-23
Extents: 1 box
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Sacred music by Italian composers, compiled in the latter part of the 17th century.
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1670-1700?]
William Child's 'Songs for 3, 4 and 5 voices', and a Dialogue, [mid-17th cent.].
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. c. 32-37
Extents: 6 Volumes
Dates: [mid-17th cent.]
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 7
- 18th century 5
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 4
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 3
- 16th century 2
- 19th century 2
- Anthems 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts) with continuo 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 5 parts) 1
- Choruses, Secular (Men's voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Women's voices), Accompanied 1
- Communion service music 1
- Evening service music 1
- Hymns, English 1
- Masses -- Excerpts 1
- Morning 1
- Sacred songs with continuo 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 4
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Facchi | Agostino | d 1662 | composer and organist 1
- Goodson | Richard | 1688-1741 | organist and music copyist 1
- Goodson | Richard | c 1655-1718 | organist, composer and music copyist 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 3
- Marini | Francesco Maria | fl 1637 | composer 1
- Melani | Alessandro | 1639-1703 | composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 3
- Sances | Giovanni Felice | c 1600-1679 | composer and singer 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 1
- English 7
- Italian 3
- Latin 8