Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
A copy of Christopher Simpson's Chelys, 2nd ed. (1667), with additional music in manuscript, Mar 1672-Sep 1678, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 71
Extents: 1 volume
Dates: Mar 1672-Sep 1678, n.d.
Fantazia suites by Christopher Gibbons and Pavane suites by Thomas Baltazar, all for 2 violins and a bass with organ, 1659, 1662, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 102a-b
Extents: 1 box
Dates: 1659, 1662, n.d.
Christopher Gibbons: movements from consort suites in D minor, for two trebles and bass with organ, [c 1660-1670].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 53
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1660-1670]
Collection of autograph manuscripts of music by Gordon Crosse.
Extents: 7.0 Linear metres (58 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1955-2010, n.d.
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Montgomery's music manuscripts, consisting of: Film music Operas Choral works with orchestra Orchestral and band works Shorter choral works Songs and revue numbers Chamber music Piano music (one and two pianos) Organ music Miscellaneous …
Extents: 55 shelfmarks
Manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry's compositions in drafts, fair copies, and copies used by the printers, 1862-1950, n.d. Unpublished and other works are also included.
Extents: 5.17 Linear metres (47 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1950, n.d.
Music manuscripts and computer-processed copies of music composed predominantly by Robert Sherlaw Johnson (1932-2000), with related material: programmes for performances of mainly his own music, floppy disks containing scores in music software, and annotated scores of music by Messiaen, Boulez and others, with related material, 1924-2000, n.d.
Extents: 4.48 Linear metres (32 boxes)
Dates: 1939-2000, n.d.
Transcriptions of music of the 15th-18th century (mostly of the 16th-17th cent.), made largely in the early-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 623
Extents: 236 Leaves
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent.
Drafts, fair copies, and copies used by printers of Sir Hubert Parry's works, mostly incomplete. Unpublished works are included. The collection consists of: Choral works with orchestral accompaniment Music for Greek plays Other vocal music Orchestral works Chamber music Works for pianoforte, organ, violin, and cello …
Extents: 39 shelfmarks
- Indexed subjects: Chamber music X
- Indexed subjects
- 20th century 6
- 17th century 4
- 19th century 4
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 4
- Piano music 4
- Incidental music 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 3
- Organ music 3
- Vocal music 3
- Choral music 2
- Motion picture music 2
- Operas 2
- Orchestral music 2
- Orchestral works 2
- Songs with orchestra 2
- Songs with piano 2
- Violin music 2
- 16th century 1
- 18th century 1
- Band music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixes voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Church music -- Catholic Church 1
- Composers -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles 1
- Concert programs -- England 1
- Greek drama -- Incidental music 1
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Masses (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Messiaen, Olivier, 1908-1992 -- Criticism and interpretation 1
- Motets 1
- Operas -- 20th century 1
- Orchestral music, Arranged 1
- Organ music, Arranged 1
- Part songs, English 1
- Piano music (4 hands) 1
- Piano music, Arranged 1
- Songs 1
- Suites 1
- Suites -- Excerpts 1
- Symphonies 1
- Variations (Viol) 1
- Variations (Viols) 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and piano music 1
- Violoncello music 1
- x - 15th century 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Baltzar | Thomas | 1631–1663 | violinist and composer 1
- Butler | Henry | d 1652 | composer and viol player 1
- Crosse | Gordon | b 1937 | composer 1
- Gibbons | Christopher | 1615-1676 | composer and organist 1
- Gibbons | Christopher | bap 1615-1676 | composer and organist 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Johnson | Robert | Sherlaw | 1932-2000 | composer 1
- Montgomery | Robert Bruce | 1921-1978 | Writer as Edmund Crispin 1
- Noble | William | 1649/50-1681 | viol player 1
- Norcombe | Daniel | ? 1576-1653) | composer and instrumentalist 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer and musical writer 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer, and musical writer 1
- Poole | Anthony | fl c 1670–1690) | composer 1
- Simpson | Christopher | c 1602/1606-1669 | composer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- Withy | Francis | c 1645-1727 | cathedral singer, string player, music copyist, teacher and composer 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 1