Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
William Lawes: scores and parts of instrumental and vocal music in his own hand, 1st half of the 17th cent.
Extents: 6 physical shelfmarks (0.33 linear metres)
Dates: 1st half of the 17th cent.
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- Anthems 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Madrigals 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Motets 1
- Indexed names
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 1
- Wilbye | John | bap 1574-1638 | composer and musician 1