Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Edward Lowe's 'New Consort Books', late 17th cent.
Extents: 0.33 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: late 17th cent.
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
Part-books for suites by John Hingeston, mostly for viols, mid-17th cent (before 1682).
Extents: 0.88 Linear metres (8 boxes)
Dates: mid-17th cent (before 1682)
Music copied by Edward Lowe, c 1636-1682.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 451 (Former reference: Music School A. 3. 29)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: c 1636-1682
- Indexed subjects
- 17th Century 1
- 17th century 3
- Anthems 2
- Incidental music 1
- Madrigals 1
- Motets 2
- Part-songs, English 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Suites 3
- Indexed names
- Baltzar | Thomas | 1631-1663 | violinist and composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580–1630 | organist and composer 1
- Gibbons | Christopher | bap 1615-1676 | composer and organist 1
- Hingeston | John | c 1606–1683 | composer and viol player 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 2
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 2
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 2
- Lully | Jean-Baptiste | 1632-1687 | composer 1
- Mell | Davis | 1604-1662 | violinist and composer 1
- Wilbye | John | bap 1574-1638 | composer and musician 1