Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
2 cantatas, by G. F. Handel, early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b.15, fols. 42-51
Extents: 10 Leaves
Dates: early 18th cent.
Two pairs of volumes, in which were bound copies of arias selected from operas performed in Rome, 1696-1697, with concert arias and cantatas, c 1696-1697.
Extents: 4 physical shelfmarks (0.44 linear metres)
Dates: c 1696-1697
Arrangements by Richard Buchmayer (1856-1934) of 17th- and 18th-cent. music, and papers belonging to him, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 401
Extents: 251 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Collection of 11 motets and 3 cantatas, mostly by Giacomo Carissimi and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
11 motets and 3 cantatas, mostly by Giacomo Carissimi and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, in score, c 1815.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 595
Extents: 52 Leaves
Dates: c 1815
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson, [1720s-1730s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 9
Extents: 312 pages
'Cantata Orfeo é Euridice del Sigr. Pergolesi', [late 18th cent.]
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 298
Extents: 14 Leaves
Dates: [late 18th cent.]
Italian cantatas by Antonio Caldara, Francesco Mancini and Carlo Francesco Cesarini. Partly autograph, [1708-1716].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 266
Extents: 142 Leaves
'La morte di Gesù. Cantata posta in musica del Sigr. Carlo Enrico Graun, M.D.C. di S.M. Prussiana. Tradotto dal Tedesco'
'La morte di Gesù. Cantata posta in musica del Sigr. Carlo Enrico Graun, M.D.C. di S.M. Prussiana. Tradotto dal Tedesco', late 18th or early 19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 289
Extents: 133 Leaves
Dates: late 18th or early 19th cent.
Miscellaneous notes, scores, bass parts, etc., collected by F. Withy, 1682-1703.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. d. 217
Extents: 1 volume
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
Songs, cantatas, and airs with English words, copied between 1730 and c 1750.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 41
Extents: 355 pages
Dates: 1730-c 1750
'Twelve canticles taken from the compositions of Carlo Clari and adapted to English words selected from the Psalms [by Charles Avison]. Collection the third'
'Twelve canticles taken from the compositions of Carlo Clari and adapted to English words selected from the Psalms [by Charles Avison]. Collection the third. Newcastle 1769'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 267
Extents: 126 pages
Twenty four [really 23] canticles in 2 volumes, taken from works by Giovanni Carlo Maria Clari. Adapted to English words selected from the Psalms by Charles Avison, [late 18th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 268
Extents: 168 pages
Dates: [late 18th cent.]
Vocal duets with continuo by Agostino Steffani and Alessandro Stradella, early 18th-cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 275
Extents: 122 pages
Dates: early 18th-cent.
Birthday Ode for the Prince of Wales (later George III) by William Boyce, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 105
Extents: 1 box
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 15
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 15
- Cantatas, Sacred 8
- 17th century 5
- Motets 5
- 19th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 4
- Cantatas, Secular 3
- Anthems 2
- Cantatas 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 2
- Operas -- Excerpts 2
- Songs with continuo 2
- Vocal duets with continuo 2
- 20th century 1
- Anglican chants 1
- Cantatas -- Excerpts 1
- Cantatas, Secular -- Scores and parts 1
- Canticles 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Women's voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 2 parts) with orchestra 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Concert programs -- Germany 1
- George III, King of Great Britain, 1738-1820 -- Songs and music 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Madrigals, Italian 1
- Masses 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Vocal scores with continuo 1
- Oratorios 1
- Oratorios -- Excerpts 1
- Oratorios -- Vocal scores with continuo 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Passion music 1
- Piano music, arranged 1
- Solo cantatas, Secular 1
- Solo cantatas, Secular (High voice) 1
- Sonatas (Violin and piano) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs with piano 1
- Songs, English 1
- Songs, Italian 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Avison | Charles | 1709-1770 | composer and writer on music 2
- Boyce | William | 1710-1779 | musician 2
- Clari | Giovanni Carlo Maria | 1677-1754 | composer 2
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 2
- Aldrich | Henry | 1648-1710 | composer 1
- Arne | Thomas Augustine | 1710-1778 | composer 1
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Buchmayer | Richard | 1856-1934 | German pianist and musicologist 1
- Caldara | Antonio | 1670-1736 | musical composer 1
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 1
- Cesarini | Carlo Francesco | 1666-1741 | composer 1
- Francis | Withy | c 1645-1727 | singer, string player, music copyist, teacher and composer 1
- Gasparini | Francesco | 1661-1727 | composer and teacher 1
- Goodson | Richard | 1688-1741 | organist and music copyist 1
- Graun | Carl Heinrich | 1703/4-1759 | composer and singer 1
- Greene | Maurice | 1695-1755 | organist and composer 1
- Howard | Samuel | 1710-1782 | composer and organist 1
- Humfrey | Pelham | 1647/8-1674 | composer 1
- Lanciani | Flavio Carlo | 1661-1706 | composer, cellist and copyist 1
- Mancia | Luigi | ? 1665-1708 | composer and singer 1
- Mancini | Francesco | 1672-1737 | composer 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 1
- Perti | Giacomo Antonio | 1661-1756 | composer 1
- Sabadini | Bernardo | d 1718 | opera composer 1
- Sances | Giovanni Felice | c 1600-1679 | composer and singer 1
- Steffani | Agostino | 1654-1728 | composer, churchman and diplomat 1
- Stradella | Alessandro | 1639-1682 | composer 1
- Wight | Osborne | d 1800 | Fellow of New College, Oxford 1
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 8
- Latin 2