Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
A collection of 625 Indian ink and 19 watercolour drawings of churches and buildings in Oxfordshire by J.C. Buckler, 1797-1830.
Extents: 6 shelfmarks
Drawings of Oxford Buildings by J.C. Buckler, 1810-1830
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
'Drawings in Oxfordshire.' Six volumes containing for the most part prints with a considerable number (over 300) of pencil and other drawings interspersed, done by various hands in the 18th and 19th century. The subjects are almost exclusively buildings and architectural details. There is an index to the drawings only of all 6 volumes in Vol. I, from which it appears that they are chiefly from the hands of T. Fischer and A. Pugin, together with a number for Blenheim Palace by Sir J. Vanbrugh.…
Extents: 5 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th-19th cent.
Hurst papers chiefly consisting of historical and topographical collections relating to Oxford and the neighbouring districts.
Extents: 3.74 linear metres (34 boxes)
Two volumes of sketches to illustrate old Oxford, collected by Herbert Hurst about 1900.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Dates: Collected about 1900
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 2
- 20th century 2
- Antiquarians 1
- Architecture -- England -- Oxfordshire 3
- Architecture -- England -- Oxfordshire 2
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Drawing 1
- Maze gardens 1
- Oxford (England) 3
- Topographical drawing 1
- Indexed names
- Blenheim Palace 1
- Buckler | John Chessell | 1793-1894 | Architect and Antiquary 2
- Fischer | T 1
- Hurst | Herbert | 1834-? 1914 | Oxford Antiquary 2
- Pugin | A 1
- Upcott | William | 1779-1845 | Antiquary and Autograph Collector 1
- Vanbrugh | Sir | John | 1664-1726 | Knight | Dramatist, Architect, and Herald 1