Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Sacred music by Samuel Arnold, Thomas Attwood Walmisley, Henry Purcell and Sir George Elvey, c 1900, n.d.
Shelfmark: Mus. 32 c. 151 (4) and (14)
Extents: 8 pages
Dates: c 1900, n.d.
Services and anthems scored by Gilbert Heathcote, Fellow of New College (1765-1829), n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 176
Extents: 94 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 1
- 18th century 2
- Choruses, Sacred 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Communion service music 1
- Morning 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 2
- Indexed names
- Arnold | Samuel | 1740-1802 | Musical Composer 1
- Elvey | Sir | George Job | 1816-1893 | Knight | Organist and Composer 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Walmisley | Thomas Attwood | 1814-1856 | composer and organist 1
- Latin 1
- Multiple languages 1