Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
William Croft: anthem, 'Praise God in his Sanctuary' (Psalm 150). Autograph manuscript, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 15, fols. 32-41
Extents: 10 Leaves
William Croft: 'The Lord hath appeared for us'. Autograph manuscript, .
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 15, fol. 31
Extents: 1 leaf
Church music copied by several hands, 18th-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. g. 5
Extents: 126 pages
Dates: 18th-19th cent.
Church music in score with figured bass, 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 174
Extents: 127 Leaves
Dates: 18th cent.
Collection of carols, anthems, etc., carefully but inexpertly copied, mid-18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 38
Extents: 64 Leaves
Dates: mid-18th cent.
A Collection of choice Anthems... Writ and collected, By William Hanson, 1729.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 245
Extents: 477 pages
Dr William Croft: 'O Lord thou hast searched me out', verse anthem for 3 solo voices, A.T.B. and chorus S.A.T.B. Words from Psalm 139.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 399
Extents: 12 Leaves
Dates: 31 May 1720
Full score of Handel's Chandos Anthems, nos. 4 and 5, copied by the younger Richard Goodson, [1700s-1730s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. b. 1
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid-18th cent.
Manuscript additions to a printed score, late-18th/early-19th-cent.
Shelfmark: Mus. 32 d. 236
Extents: 117 pages
Dates: 1770-19th century
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Volume of parochial psalmody, consisting of a service and anthems, c 1730?
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 55
Extents: 84 Leaves
Dates: c 1730?
10 verse anthems by William Croft, copied in score by his pupil James Kent, [1731-1737].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 173
Extents: 104 Leaves
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 3
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with organ 2
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 2
- Evening service music 2
- Hymns, English 2
- Psalms (Music) 2
- 17th century 1
- Carols, English 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied. 1
- Church music -- Church of England 1
- Communion service music 1
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Psalms (Music) -- 150th Psalm 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Chetham | John | 1688-1746 | psalmodist 1
- Croft | William | 1677-1727 | composer and organist 1
- Croft | William | 1677-1727 | organist and composer 3
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 1
- Kent | James | 1700-1776 | organist and composer 1
- Knapp | William | 1698/9-1768 | psalmodist 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1