Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
Volume of parochial psalmody, consisting largely of 18th-cent. anthems
Volume of parochial psalmody, consisting of a service and anthems, c 1730?
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 55
Extents: 84 Leaves
Dates: c 1730?
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 2
- 18th century 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 1
- Communion service music 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 2
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Responses (Music) 1
- Indexed names
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 2
- Chetham | John | 1688-1746 | psalmodist 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Knapp | William | 1698/9-1768 | psalmodist 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 2
- Tomkins | Thomas | 1572-1656 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1