Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Archive relating to the Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire estates of the Bertie family, Earls of Abingdon, from the 14th to the 20th century.
Extents: 43.45 Linear metres (337 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 14th-20th century
Archive of the Dashwood Family of West Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (1626-1904).
Extents: 3.52 Linear metres (31 physical shelfmarks)
Calculations for a 'Comparison of population before and after the Black Death', c.1900.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. c. 211
Extents: 291 Leaves
Catalogue of Prints and Drawings in the Bodleian Library relating to Oxford, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the Bodleian Library relating to Oxford, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire, compiled by W.P. Ellis, 1916-19. This catalogue (R. 6. 264-265) has been largely superseded by the card-index of drawings of Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire begun in 1955.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Collection of brass rubbings from various places in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Devon, Kent, Northamptonshire and Surrey.
Extents: 27 shelfmarks
Dates: [20th cent.?]
Duplicated typescript pedigree of the Abraham family of Quainton (16th-19th century), compiled by H. F. Aveling and W. T. T. Elliott
Duplicated typescript pedigree of the Abraham family of Quainton (16th-19th century), compiled by H. F. Aveling and W. T. T. Elliott, 1926.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Bucks. d. 6
Extents: 34 Leaves
Extracts by David Ogg and George Eland from the notes of Michael Woodward, Warden of New College, Oxford, made on his visitations of College estates, mainly in Buckinghamshire, 1659-1675
Extracts by David Ogg and George Eland from the notes of Michael Woodward, Warden of New College, Oxford, made on his visitations of College estates, mainly in Buckinghamshire, 1659-1675.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. c. 71
Extents: 263 Leaves
Dates: 20th century
Genealogical collections for Buckinghamshire by A.H. Plaisted, consisting of abstracts of marriage bonds and allegations and typescript copies of monumental inscriptions.
Extents: 5 shelfmarks
Guard-book of photographs, c.1871-1968.
Shelfmark: MS. Photogr. b. 3 (formerly MS. Top. gen. b. 82)
Extents: 36 Leaves
Hunting journal of the Bicester, Grafton and Whaddon hounds, 1909-1915.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. d. 58
Extents: 139 Leaves
List of patents granted to residents of Buckinghamshire, compiled by R. B. Prosser, c.1900.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Bucks. d. 5
Extents: 43 Leaves
Papers of E.A. Greening Lamborn, and manuscripts from his collection, consisting of: Letters to and from Lamborn, 1917-1949 Ordinary of arms in churches in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, compiled by Lamborn, early 20th century Notebook containing extracts by Lamborn from books and letters read, 1899 Album of photographs, mainly of churches and…
Extents: 15 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th-20th cent.
Rent Accounts for Properties in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire kept by E.H. Tipping.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: 1918-1929, 1817-1818
The Risley papers consist of: Barber papers, including title deeds to lands in Adderbury and Milton, Easington, Calthorpe, Banbury, Grimsbury, Neithrop, Wickham, South Stoke and Fritwell (Oxfordshire); Hexton, Kingswalden, Offley, Lilley, Wandon End and Kensworth (Hertfordshire); and Shefford, Camton and Luton (Bedfordshire); as well as to certain property in London, and a few deeds relating to other…
Extents: 79 shelfmarks
Topographical prints and drawings arranged in five albums, mainly relating to Oxford colleges and churches, but also containing some items relating to Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, and Lincolnshire.
Extents: 5 shelfmarks
Typescript catalogue by F. C. Heward of the Kederminster Library in Langley Marish, Bucks.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. misc. d. 438
Extents: 113 Leaves
Typescript copy, 1942, of the calendar of Thoresby Park charters compiled by W. A. Caffall in 1915.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Bucks. c. 13
Extents: 63 Leaves
Typed transcripts of parish registers and of bishops' transcripts of registers, mainly for London and Sussex, made by W. H. Challen, c.1929-1958.
Extents: 2.80 Linear metres (56 boxes)
- Indexed subjects
- Buckinghamshire (England) 16
- 19th century 9
- Oxfordshire (England) 9
- 18th century 7
- Berkshire (England) 6
- 17th century 5
- 16th century 3
- Bedfordshire (England) 2
- Buckinghamshire -- England 2
- Genealogy 2
- Hertfordshire (England) 2
- Kent (England) 2
- London (England) 2
- Nottinghamshire (England) 2
- Oxford (England) 2
- Surrey (England) 2
- Worcestershire (England) 2
- x - 15th century 2
- Brass rubbing -- England -- Berkshire 1
- Brass rubbing -- England -- Buckinghamshire 1
- Brass rubbing -- England -- Devon 1
- Brass rubbing -- England -- Kent 1
- Brass rubbing -- England -- Northamptonshire 1
- Brass rubbing -- England -- Surrey 1
- Cambridgeshire (England) 1
- Charters 1
- Church buildings 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Berkshire 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Buckinghamshire 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Church records and registers 1
- College buildings 1
- Deeds -- England 1
- Devon (England) 1
- Diaries -- 1834-1869 1
- Engraving 1
- Essex (England) 1
- Gloucester (England) 1
- Great Britain -- Topography 1
- Heraldry 1
- Hunting 1
- Landlord and tenant 1
- Library catalogues 1
- Lincolnshire (England) 1
- Monmouth (Wales) 1
- Northamptonshire (England) 1
- Patents 1
- Photographs 1
- Plague -- England 1
- Sussex (England) 1
- Topographical drawing 1
- Universities and colleges 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Wiltshire (England) 1
- x - 14th century 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Aveling | H. F. | fl. 1926 1
- Ballard | W | fl. 1830-1870 1
- Bertie | Earls of Abingdon 1
- Caffall | W. A. | fl. 1915 1
- Challen | William Harold | fl 1929-1958 | Local Historian 1
- Dashwood | family | 1300-1927 | baronets | West Wycombe 1
- Deck | Norris | fl. 1843-1866 | Antiquary 1
- Dodwell | Robert | fl. 1860-1899 | of Littlemore, Oxfordshire 1
- Eland | George | fl. 20th century 1
- Elliott | W. T. T. | fl. 1926 1
- Fane | John | 1682-1762 | 7th Earl of Westmorland 1
- Henley | Joseph Warner | 1793-1884 | politician 1
- Henley | family | Waterperry 1
- Heward | F. C. | fl. 1953 1
- Ingram | James | 1774-1850 | Anglo Saxon Scholar, Antiquary, and Archaeologist 1
- Lamborn | Edmund Arnold Greening | 1877-1950 | Antiquary 1
- Ogg | David | 1887-1965 | Historian 1
- Ord | Craven | 1756-1832 | Antiquary 1
- Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society (formerly Oxford Architectural Society) 1
- Plaisted | Arthur Henry | fl 1927-1962 | Vicar of Medmenham and Genealogist 1
- Prosser | Richard Bissell | 1838-1918 | patent examiner and historian of technology 1
- Risley | William Cotton | 1833-1908 | Rector of Shalstone 1
- Risley, Barber and Cotton | family | 1600 - 2000 | Adderbury and Deddington 1
- Sandys | family | 1278-2000 | Barons Sandys | Ombersley Court 1
- Tipping | E.H. | fl 1918-29 | land agent of Oxford 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Waddell | Mary | fl. 1850 | of Littlemore, Oxfordshire 1
- Woodward | Michael | fl. 1659-1675 | Warden of New College, Oxford 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 3