Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Additional material from the archive of T.W. Bourne
Manuscripts of music by T.W. Bourne and others (chiefly Handel) in Bourne's hand, and related material.
Extents: 1.0 linear metre (6 boxes)
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians
Autograph compositions by Oxford musicians.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.73
Extents: 68 pages
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen, 1878-1934.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Benjamin James Dale: 'A short piece for six violas'
Score of Benjamin James Dale's 'A short piece for six violas', c 1910-1915?
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 613
Extents: 40 pages
Dates: c 1910-1915?
Collection of music used at the church of St Johann Nepomuk in Vienna
A collection of vocal music (mainly in manuscript set of parts) performed at the church of St Johann Nepomuk in Vienna from the beginning of the 19th to the middle of the 20th century.
Extents: 3.0 linear metres (26 boxes)
Correspondence between Margaret Deneke and Mr. and Mrs. W.A. Pickard-Cambridge, concerning Mendelssohn memorabilia
Correspondence between Margaret Deneke and Mr. and Mrs. W.A. Pickard-Cambridge, concerning Mendelssohn memorabilia, 1956.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 6579, fols. 26-33
Extents: 8 Leaves
Italian opera, Andromaca by John Lodge Ellerton
Opera 'Andromaca' by John Lodge Ellerton. First act only.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d.224
Extents: 155 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
The M. Deneke Mendelssohn Collection
The M. Deneke Mendelssohn Collection contains a wealth of autographs, letters, drawing books, and other personal items relating to Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, as well as a considerable part of the composer's own library. Other relevant material is added from time to time.
Extents: 23.54 Linear metres (236 physical shelfmarks)
Music collected and given by Herma Fiedler
Music collected by Herma Fiedler, 1843-1926, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 369
Extents: 31 Leaves
Dates: 1843, 1909, 1925-1926, n.d.
Music manuscripts and related material from the Horsley family papers
Music manuscripts and related material from the Horsley family papers, 1804-1982.
Extents: 1.5 linear metres (10 physical shelfmarks)
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related material
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Music manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry
Manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry's compositions in drafts, fair copies, and copies used by the printers, 1862-1950, n.d. Unpublished and other works are also included.
Extents: 5.17 linear metres (47 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1950, n.d.
Music of Alfred Matthew Hale
Music manuscripts of Alfred Matthew Hale, 1897-1955.
Extents: 20.24 linear metres (184 physical shelfmarks)
Music of Percy Sherwood
Music composed by Percy Sherwood, with sketches and drafts, 1871-1938.
Extents: 2.86 linear metres (25 boxes)
Dates: 1871-1938, n.d.
Musical collections of Harry Ellis Wooldridge
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music, 1892-1940, n.d.
Extents: 14 boxes (1.54 linear metres)
Dates: 1892-1940, n.d.
'The Progress of Music. (A celestial legend). Written & composed one evening at a social dinner by W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan'
'The Progress of Music. (A celestial legend). Written & composed one evening at a social dinner by W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 44
Extents: 2 Leaves
Volume of psalmody consisting of hymns and anthems, presumably for use in a Welsh church or chapel
Volume of psalmody, 1841-c 1900.
Shelfmark: MS. Don. d. 196
Extents: 136 Leaves
Dates: 1841-c 1900
- Indexed subjects
- Music 17
- 19th century 15
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 13
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 5
- Incidental music 5
- Orchestral music 5
- Anthems 4
- Organ music 4
- Piano music 4
- Songs with piano 4
- 18th century 3
- Chamber music 3
- Operas 3
- Oratorios 3
- 17th century 2
- Composers -- Portraits 2
- Hymn tunes 2
- Masses 2
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix, 1809-1847 -- Correspondence 2
- Motets 2
- Songs, English 2
- Violin and piano music 2
- 16th century 1
- Ballets 1
- Canons, fugues, etc. 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Cello and piano music 1
- Cello music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Communion service music 1
- Composers -- Correspondence 1
- Composers -- England -- Oxford 1
- Composers -- France -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Concertos (Cello) 1
- Concertos (Piano) 1
- Concertos (Violin and cello) 1
- Concerts -- Germany -- 19th century 1
- Evening service music 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Mendelssohn family 1
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Cécile, 1817-1853 -- Correspondence 1
- Morning service music 1
- Music -- 16th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- 17th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 1
- Music publishers -- Correspondence 1
- Operas -- Librettos 1
- Part songs, English 1
- Part-songs, English 1
- Piano music (4 hands) 1
- Piano quintets 1
- Requiems 1
- Sacred vocal music 1
- Sacred vocal music -- 18th century 1
- Sonatas 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- String sextets (Violas (6)) 1
- Suites 1
- Symphonies 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin music 1
- Vocal music 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Arkwright | Godfrey Edward Pellew | 1864-1944 | bibliographer of 16th-18th century music 1
- Bartholdy | Cécile | Mendelssohn- | 1817-1853 | wife of Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy 1
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix | Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Cambridge | William Adair Pickard- | 1879-1957 | classical scholar and composer 1
- Cowen | Sir | Frederic Hymen | 1852-1935 | Knight | composer and conductor 1
- Dale | Benjamin James | 1885–1943 | composer 1
- Deneke | Margaret Clara Adèle | 1882-1969 | author and musicologist 1
- Ellerton | John Lodge | 1801-1873 | composer 1
- Gilbert | Sir | William Schwenck | 1836-1911 | Knight | dramatist 1
- Hale | Alfred Matthew | 1875-1960 | amateur composer and artist 1
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Haydn | Johann Michael | 1737-1806 | Austrian organist and composer 1
- Hensel | Fanny Mendelssohn | 1805-1847 | composer 1
- Horsley | Charles Edward | 1821-1876 | composer 1
- Horsley | William | 1774-1858 | composer 1
- Mozart | Wolfgang Amadeus | 1756-1791 | Austrian composer 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer and musical writer 1
- Sherwood | Percy | 1866-1939 | composer and pianist 1
- Sullivan | Sir | Arthur Seymour | 1842-1900 | Knight | composer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1 ∧ less
- English 14
- French 3
- German 3
- Italian 3
- Latin 2