Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Papers of the Overseas Nursing Association, formerly the Colonial Nursing Association, which was established in 1895 to provide trained nurses for hospital and private work in the British colonies and among other British communities abroad.
Extents: 26.84 Linear metres (244 physical shelfmarks)
Two autograph letters, 7th and 8th May 1900, from Lord Roberts to Sir Alfred Milner concerning Mrs. Chamberlain's interference in the Army Hospital at Wynburg, Cape Town.
Shelfmark: MSS. Afr. r. 269
Extents: 8 ff.
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- Africa 1
- Asia 1
- Europe 1
- Hospitals 1
- Medicine 1
- North America 1
- Nurses 1
- Nursing 1
- Oceania 1
- South African War, 1899-1902 -- Hospitals 1
- South America 1
- Indexed names
- Colonial Nursing Association 1
- Overseas Nursing Association 1
- Queen Elizabeth's Overseas Nursing Service 1
- Roberts | Frederick Sleigh | 1832-1914 | 1st Earl Roberts of Kandahar, Pretoria and Waterford | commander in the British Army 1