Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Correspondence and papers of Friedrich Max Müller (1823-1900), Privy Councillor, Taylorian Professor of Modern European Languages and Professor of Comparative Philology at Oxford, and of his wife Georgina Adelaide, 1794-1919.
Extents: 9.24 Linear metres (84 physical shelfmarks)
Letter from William Ewart Gladstone to Friedrich Max Müller, 1883.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 6579, fols. 1-2
Extents: 2 Leaves
Letters chiefly addressed to officers of the Bodleian Library
Shelfmark: MS. Autogr. d. 11
Extents: 103 Leaves
Dates: Written in 1878-1913
Printed circular concerning F. Max Müller and the election to the Chair of Sanskrit, Oxford University, with a holograph note by E.B. Pusey
Printed circular concerning F. Max Müller and the election to the Chair of Sanskrit, Oxford University, with a holograph note by E.B. Pusey, ?1860.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 2026, fol. 92
Extents: 1 leaf
Two letters from J.A. Froude, including one to F. Max Müller, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 3336, fols. 115-118
Extents: 4 Leaves
Dates: 19th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 20th century 1
- Letters -- 19th century 1
- Letters -- 20th century 1
- Libraries 1
- Philology 1
- Sanskrit language 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Indexed names
- Bodleian Library | University of Oxford 1
- Froude | James Anthony | 1818-1894 | historian 1
- Gladstone | William Ewart | 1809-1898 | prime minister and author 1
- Jowett | Benjamin | 1817-1893 | Master of Balliol College, Oxford 1
- Müller | Georgina Adelaide | 1835-1916 | wife of Friedrich Max Müller 1
- Pusey | Edward Bouverie | 1800-1882 | Canon of Christ Church Oxford 1