Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen, 1878-1934.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Holograph copy of 'Hopeful heart should banish care', a song in A flat by M. W. Balfe, the words not given in full
Holograph copy of 'Hopeful heart should banish care', a song in A flat by M. W. Balfe, the words not given in full, 19th century
Shelfmark: MS. Don. c. 45
Extents: 18 Leaves
Dates: 19th century
Extracts from stage works for several voices with piano accompaniment, copied by one early 19th-century hand.
Shelfmark: Johnson Mus. d. 12
Extents: 14 Leaves
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham. Most of the music consists of English, Italian and French songs and operatic arias, late seventeenth to early eighteenth century. Parts for one or two voices, bass line, and (rarely) other accompaniments are given in score. Some teaching notes are included.
Extents: 17 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th-19th cent.
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham, late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Extents: 17 boxes (0.85 linear metres)
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
Songs and catches for one, two and three voices, sometimes with bassoon accompaniment, c 1800.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f. 34
Extents: 39 Leaves
Dates: c 1800
Volume of song texts by Arthur Chapman, 1884.
Shelfmark: MS. 15535
Extents: 1 volume
Songs, mainly for solo voice and chorus, with or without keyboard accompaniment, 1800-1803.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 19
Extents: 92 pages
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 6
- Songs, English 5
- 18th century 4
- Part songs, English 4
- Songs with piano 4
- 20th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 3
- Songs, Italian 3
- 17th century 2
- Incidental music 2
- Oratorios 2
- Orchestral music 2
- Songs, French 2
- Anthems 1
- Ballets 1
- Bount family -- Library 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers, Irish 1
- Drinking songs 1
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc. 1
- Hunting songs 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Incidental music -- Excerpts 1
- Masses 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19h century 1
- Music, English 1
- Music, French 1
- Music, Italian 1
- National songs -- Great Britain 1
- Operas 1
- Part-songs, English 1
- Piano music 1
- Piano music (4 hands) 1
- Songs with bassoon 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Songs, English -- England 1
- Songs, Unaccompanied 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and piano music 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Balfe | Michael William | 1808-1870 | Irish composer 1
- Bishop | Sir | Henry Rowley | 1786-1855 | Knight | composer 1
- Blount | family | Mapledurham 1
- Chapman | Arthur | 1873-1935 | lyricist 1
- Cowen | Sir | Frederic Hymen | 1852-1935 | Knight | composer and conductor 1
- Storace | Stephen John Seymour | 1762–1796 | composer 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1
- English 9
- French 2
- Italian 3
- Multiple languages 1