Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Archive of William Sterndale Bennett acquired from the Odling family
Archive of the composer William Sterndale Bennett previously with the Odling family, 1785-1994, n.d.
Extents: 3.0 linear metres (90 boxes)
Dates: 1785-1994, n.d.
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Arthur Sullivan
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Arthur Sullivan, 1855-1899.
Extents: 1.05 linear metres (7 physical shelfmarks)
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen
Autograph music manuscripts of Sir Frederic Hymen Cowen, 1878-1934.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Franz von Suppé: music for Carl Elmar's farce Dichter und Bauer
Music for Carl Elmar's farce Dichter und Bauer.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 208
Extents: 197 Leaves
'Little pictures of school life', a recitation with musical accompaniment, by Maude Valerie White
Maude Valerie White: 'Little pictures of school life', a recitation with musical accompaniment, c 1899.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 429
Extents: 15 Leaves
Dates: c 1899
Music by Henry Bishop and Stephen Storace, for several voices with piano accompaniment
Extracts from stage works for several voices with piano accompaniment, copied by one early 19th-century hand.
Shelfmark: Johnson Mus. d. 12
Extents: 14 Leaves
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related material
Music manuscripts of Ernest Walker, with other related materials, 1886-1948, n.d. Autograph ink scores, except where noted.
Extents: 38 physical shelfmarks (4.29 linear metres)
Dates: 1886-1948, n.d.
Music manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry
Manuscripts of Sir Hubert Parry's compositions in drafts, fair copies, and copies used by the printers, 1862-1950, n.d. Unpublished and other works are also included.
Extents: 5.17 linear metres (47 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 1862-1950, n.d.
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music, 1892-1940, n.d.
Extents: 14 boxes (1.54 linear metres)
Dates: 1892-1940, n.d.
'The Progress of Music. (A celestial legend). Written & composed one evening at a social dinner by W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan'
'The Progress of Music. (A celestial legend). Written & composed one evening at a social dinner by W. S. Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 44
Extents: 2 Leaves
William Russell: vocal and orchestral music, autograph
William Russell: vocal and orchestral music, autograph manuscripts, 1807-1812.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Works of Sir Hubert Parry
Drafts, fair copies, and copies used by printers of Sir Hubert Parry's works, mostly incomplete. Unpublished works are included. The collection consists of: Choral works with orchestral accompaniment Music for Greek plays Other vocal music Orchestral works Chamber music Works for pianoforte, organ, violin, and cello …
Extents: 39 shelfmarks
- Indexed subjects
- Incidental music 10
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 10
- 20th century 6
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 6
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 5
- Piano music 5
- Anthems 3
- Chamber music 3
- Orchestral music 3
- Songs with piano 3
- Oratorios 2
- Organ music 2
- Overtures 2
- Part songs, English 2
- Symphonies 2
- Violin music 2
- Vocal music 2
- 16th century 1
- 17th century 1
- 18th century 1
- Ballets 1
- Cantatas, Sacred 1
- Cantatas, Secular 1
- Choral music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Communion service music 1
- Composers -- Correspondence 1
- Concertos (Harpsichords (2)) 1
- Concertos (Organ) 1
- Concertos (Piano) 1
- Concertos (Violin) 1
- Evening service music 1
- Greek drama -- Incidental music 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Incidental music -- Excerpts 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Marches (Orchestra) 1
- Masses 1
- Morning service music 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- 16th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- 17th century -- History and criticism 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19h century 1
- Operas 1
- Operettas 1
- Orchestral works 1
- Part-songs, English 1
- Piano music (4 hands) 1
- Sacred songs with piano 1
- Sonatas (Piano) 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Viola and music 1
- Violin and orchestra music 1
- Violin and piano music 1
- Violoncello music 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Arkwright | Godfrey Edward Pellew | 1864-1944 | bibliographer of 16th-18th century music 1
- Bennett | Sir | William Sterndale | 1816–1875 | Knight | composer 1
- Bishop | Sir | Henry Rowley | 1786-1855 | Knight | composer 1
- Case | Thomas Sterndale-Bennett | 1882-1944 | singer and entertainer 1
- Cowen | Sir | Frederic Hymen | 1852-1935 | Knight | composer and conductor 1
- Gilbert | Sir | William Schwenck | 1836-1911 | Knight | dramatist 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer and musical writer 1
- Parry | Sir | Charles Hubert Hastings | 1848-1918 | Knight | composer, and musical writer 1
- Russell | William | 1777-1813 | Organist, Pianist and Composer 1
- Storace | Stephen John Seymour | 1762–1796 | composer 1
- Sullivan | Sir | Arthur Seymour | 1842-1900 | Knight | composer 2
- Suppé | Franz von | 1819-1895 | composer and conductor 1
- Walker | Ernest | 1870-1949 | author, pianist, and composer 1
- White | Maude Valerie | 1855-1937 | composer 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Latin 1