Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
A collection of 625 Indian ink and 19 watercolour drawings of churches and buildings in Oxfordshire by J.C. Buckler, 1797-1830.
Extents: 6 shelfmarks
Drawings, 19th century, by Joseph Wilkins of the villages of Deddington, Lower Heyford and Steeple Aston; also of churches in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire (mostly in the Bicester area; again Lower Heyford is well represented); and other miscellaneous engravings (mid 18th-mid 19th century), with one of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire; and photographs of Bicester taken in 1902.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: mid 18th-19th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- Architectural drawing 1
- Architecture -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Aylesbury (England) 1
- Bicester (England) 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Northamptonshire 1
- Deddington (England) 1
- Lower Heyford (England) 1
- Northamptonshire (England) 1
- Steeple Aston (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Buckler | John Chessell | 1793-1894 | Architect and Antiquary 1
- Dew | George James | 1846-1928 1
- Wilkins | Joseph | 1820-1891 | topographical artist 1