Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
A collection of 625 Indian ink and 19 watercolour drawings of churches and buildings in Oxfordshire by J.C. Buckler, 1797-1830.
Extents: 6 shelfmarks
Drawings, 19th century, by Joseph Wilkins of the villages of Deddington, Lower Heyford and Steeple Aston; also of churches in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire (mostly in the Bicester area; again Lower Heyford is well represented); and other miscellaneous engravings (mid 18th-mid 19th century), with one of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire; and photographs of Bicester taken in 1902.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: mid 18th-19th cent.
Notes on Berkshire churches and drawings of brasses by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, c.1788-1813.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Berks. b. 42
Extents: 81 Leaves
- Indexed subjects
- Antiquarians 1
- Architectural drawing 2
- Architecture -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Aylesbury (England) 1
- Berkshire (England) 1
- Bicester (England) 1
- Church buildings 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire 2
- Church buildings -- England -- Northamptonshire 1
- Deddington (England) 1
- Lower Heyford (England) 1
- Northamptonshire (England) 1
- Oxfordshire (England) 2
- Steeple Aston (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Buckler | John Chessell | 1793-1894 | Architect and Antiquary 2
- Dew | George James | 1846-1928 1
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire antiquary 1
- Hunt | James | 1795-1857 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 1
- Phillipps | Sir | Thomas | 1792-1872 | Baronet | Antiquary, and Collector of MSS and Books 1
- Wilkins | Joseph | 1820-1891 | topographical artist 1