Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
A collection of 625 Indian ink and 19 watercolour drawings of churches and buildings in Oxfordshire by J.C. Buckler, 1797-1830.
Extents: 6 shelfmarks
Drawings of Oxford Buildings by J.C. Buckler, 1810-1830
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
'Drawings in Oxfordshire.' Six volumes containing for the most part prints with a considerable number (over 300) of pencil and other drawings interspersed, done by various hands in the 18th and 19th century. The subjects are almost exclusively buildings and architectural details. There is an index to the drawings only of all 6 volumes in Vol. I, from which it appears that they are chiefly from the hands of T. Fischer and A. Pugin, together with a number for Blenheim Palace by Sir J. Vanbrugh.…
Extents: 5 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th-19th cent.
Drawings, 19th century, by Joseph Wilkins of the villages of Deddington, Lower Heyford and Steeple Aston; also of churches in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire (mostly in the Bicester area; again Lower Heyford is well represented); and other miscellaneous engravings (mid 18th-mid 19th century), with one of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire; and photographs of Bicester taken in 1902.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: mid 18th-19th cent.
Hurst papers chiefly consisting of historical and topographical collections relating to Oxford and the neighbouring districts.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Pen and Sepia Ink Drawings of Buildings in Oxfordshire by Alfred Cobb.
Extents: 0.27 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: mid 19th century
Pencil drawings by John Preston Neale of Oxfordshire views, county seats and churches. Includes drawings of: Enstone, 1822; Dorchester, n.d.; Blenheim Palace, 1822-1823; Charlbury, 1814; Cokethorpe Park, 1824; Caversham Park, 1824; Glympton Park, 1822; Ditchley Park, 1822; Shirburn Castle, 1816; Stonor Park, 1822; St. Peter in the East, Oxford, 1824; St. Mary the Virgin, Oxford, 1824; St. Mary Magdalen, Oxford, 1824; Chipping Norton church, 1814; Iffley mill, 1826; Witney church,…
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Pencil sketches by Elisha Biscoe of buildings in Berkshire and Oxfordshire, c.1790-1823.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. c. 73
Extents: 80 Leaves
Minute books, accounts, correspondence and papers of the Society.
Extents: 72 shelfmarks
Sepia wash drawings of Oxfordshire landscapes and buildings, many of Wroxton, probably by Lady Charlotte Lindsay, 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. d. 515
Extents: 42 Leaves
Dates: 19th century
Two volumes of sketches to illustrate old Oxford, collected by Herbert Hurst about 1900.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Dates: Collected about 1900
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 4
- 20th century 3
- Architectural drawing 3
- Architecture -- England -- Oxfordshire 3
- Oxford (England) 3
- Architecture -- England -- Oxfordshire 2
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire 2
- Antiquarians 1
- Architectural drawing -- England 1
- Architectural drawing -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Architecture 1
- Aylesbury (England) 1
- Berkshire (England) 1
- Bicester (England) 1
- Church buildings 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Northamptonshire 1
- Church furniture 1
- Deddington (England) 1
- Drawing 1
- Landscapes 1
- Local history 1
- Lower Heyford (England) 1
- Maze gardens 1
- Northamptonshire (England) 1
- Steeple Aston (England) 1
- Topographical drawing 1
- Topographical drawing -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Wroxton | Oxfordshire | SP 4141 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Biscoe | Elisha | 1754-1829 1
- Blenheim Palace 1
- Buckler | John Chessell | 1793-1894 | Architect and Antiquary 2
- Cobb | Alfred F. | fl 1878-9 1
- Dew | George James | 1846-1928 1
- Fischer | T 1
- Hurst | Herbert | 1834-? 1914 | Oxford Antiquary 2
- Lindsay | Charlotte | 1770-1849 | née North | daughter of Lord North 1
- Neale | John Preston | 1780-1847 | architectural draughtsman 1
- Oxford Architectural and Historical Society 1
- Pugin | A 1
- Upcott | William | 1779-1845 | Antiquary and Autograph Collector 1
- Vanbrugh | Sir | John | 1664-1726 | Knight | Dramatist, Architect, and Herald 1
- Wilkins | Joseph | 1820-1891 | topographical artist 1