Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection of monumental inscriptions and notes on Staffordshire churches, by Mark Noble, late 18th-early 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Staffs. c. 3
Extents: 384 Leaves
Dates: late 18th-early 19th century
Correspondence of Richard Gough, John Nichols, and J.B. Nichols concerning the second edition of The history and antiquities of the county of Dorset
Correspondence of Richard Gough, John Nichols, and J.B. Nichols concerning the second edition of The history and antiquities of the county of Dorset.
Extents: 0.10 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Letters to John and John Bowyer Nichols, booksellers and antiquaries, c. 1770-1833
Extents: 5.50 Linear metres (50 boxes)
Letters to Joseph Cradock (arranged alphabetically, G-M, N-S), 1760-1826; letters to Mrs. Cradock, 1811-15; and the correspondence of John Bowyer Nichols, mainly as Cradock's executor, 1826-8.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Papers and collections of the Nichols family, printers and publishers, 1785-1854, including family correspondence, accounts, journals and antiquarian collections.
Extents: 1.35 Linear metres
Poems and other interesting Memorials of Richard Gough, Esq., F.R.S., F.S.A.
Extents: 0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: Written in about 1740-1805, almost entirely by R. Gough
- Indexed subjects
- Antiquarians 2
- Authors -- 18th century 1
- Authors -- 19th century 1
- Book industries and trade 1
- Church buildings 1
- Dorset (England) 1
- Literature 1
- Poetry 1
- Prayers 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Staffordshire (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Cradock | Joseph | 1742-1826 | author 1
- Gentleman's Magazine 1
- Gough | Richard | 1735-1809 | antiquary 2
- Hutchins | John | 1698-1773 | historian of Dorset 1
- Nichols family 1
- Nichols | John Gough | 1806-1873 | printer and antiquary 1
- Nichols | John | 1745-1826 | Printer, Author, and Antiquary 1
- Nichols | John | 1745-1826 | printer, author and antiquary 2
- Noble | Mark | 1754-1827 | Biographer, genealogist, and antiquary 1