Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Guard-book of sermons and other theological writings, 14th-20th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. c. 50
Extents: 183 Leaves
Dates: 14th-20th cent.
Guard-book of theological writings, 17th-20th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. c. 72
Extents: 127 Leaves
Dates: 17th-20th century
Papers and correspondence of Philip and Matthew Henry, and of the Henry family, consisting of: Commonplace books, containing mainly extracts from printed books, many on religious subjects, late 17th-18th century Volume containing accounts and rental, and copies of deeds, wills and executors' accounts, with notes of births and deaths of members of the Henry family, 17th century, with some later…
Extents: 5 shelfmarks
Dates: 17th-18th cent.
Sermons by Philip Henry and Samuel Lawrence, written in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. th. f. 8
Extents: 31 Leaves
Dates: written in the 17th and 18th centuries
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 19th century 2
- 20th century 2
- Diaries -- 18th century 1
- Dissenters 1
- Sermons 2
- Theology 3
- x - 14th century 1
- x - 15th century 1
- Indexed names
- Carpenter | William Boyd | 1841-1918 | bishop of Ripon 1
- Elliot | Gilbert | 1800-1891 | Dean of Bristol 1
- Hamilton | William | 1616-1651 | second duke of Hamilton | politician 1
- Henry | Matthew | 1662-1714 | Commentator 2
- Henry | family | Broad Oak, Flintshire 1
- Keble | John | 1792-1866 | Vicar of Hursley and Tractarian poet 1
- Lawrence | Samuel | 1693-1760 | dissenting minister 1
- Lawrence | Samuel | bap.1661-1712 | dissenting minister 1
- Nowell | Alexander | c.1516/7-1602 | dean of St Paul's 1
- Savage | Sarah | fl 1714-1723 1
- Swift | Jonathan | 1667-1745 | Dean of St Patrick's Dublin, satirist 1