Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The correspondence consists of: Official letter-book of Macartney whilst Governor of the Cape of Good Hope, comprising his entire correspondence with people connected with the government at the Cape, 8 May 1797 to 20 November 1798 (reference: MSS.Afr.t.2) Original entry book of letters addressed to various Statesmen, Admirals, Generals, Governors, on affairs of state, 9 February 1797 to 2…
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: 1797-1798, 1801
Letters, mainly to the 1st and 2nd Viscounts Melville, relating to the West Indies.
Extents: 2 Volumes
Extracts from the Melville papers, 1786-1788. Microfilm.
Extents: 1 reel
Papers, probably of Henry Dundas, relating to the East India Company.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 3
- Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) -- Officials and employees 1
- Governors -- Cape of Good Hope (South Africa) -- Correspondence 1
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- 18th century 1
- Great Britain -- Officials and employees 2
- India 1
- Politicians -- Great Britain 1
- Politicians -- Great Britain -- Correspondence 1
- West Indies -- Description and travel 1
- Indexed names
- Dundas | Robert Saunders | 1771-1851 | 2nd Viscount Melville | statesman 1
- East India Company 1
- Macartney | George | 1737-1806 | 1st Earl Macartney | diplomatist and colonial governor 1