Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Arrangements by Richard Buchmayer (1856-1934) of 17th- and 18th-cent. music, and papers belonging to him, n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 401
Extents: 251 Leaves
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
'A Booke of Psalme Tunes with directions by the Rull how to sing them...', [c 1700].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f. 38
Extents: 33 Leaves
Dates: [c 1700]
Collection of Italian sacred music of the late-17th or early-18th century in full score, 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 594
Extents: 97 Leaves
Dates: 18th cent.
Divisions and dance tunes with a copy of Christopher Simpson's The Division-Violist (London, 1659), mid-17th - mid-18th cent.
Shelfmark: [Vet.] Mus. 184 c.8
Extents: 48 Leaves
Dates: mid-17th - mid-18th cent.
G. B. Bassani: Organ part only (figured bass) of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683)
Figured bass part for organ of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683), copied in late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.372
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham, late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Extents: 17 boxes (0.85 linear metres)
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Extents: 3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Dates: 1870-1906, n.d.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Vocal music by Giacomo Carissimi, Henry Purcell and John Blow, [1690s], 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 437
Extents: 208 pages
Dates: [1690s], 18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 7
- Motets 5
- 19th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 4
- Anthems 3
- Cantatas, Sacred 3
- Songs, English 3
- Masses 2
- Songs, Italian 2
- 20th century 1
- Bount family -- Library 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts) 1
- Communion service music 1
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts 1
- Composers -- Germany -- Manuscripts 1
- Concert programs -- Germany 1
- Dance music 1
- Evening service music 1
- Hymn tunes 1
- Masses -- Excerpts 1
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts --17th century 1
- Operas 1
- Operas -- Excerpts 1
- Oratorios 1
- Organ music 1
- Overtures 1
- Piano music, arranged 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Quartets (Violins (2), cello, continuo) 1
- Sonatas (Violin and piano) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs with piano 1
- Songs, French 1
- Trio sonatas (Violins (2), continuo) 1
- Variations (Viol) 1
- Viol music 1
- Violin music 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Buchmayer | Richard | 1856-1934 | German pianist and musicologist 1
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 1
- Croft | William | 1677-1727 | organist and composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- L’Estrange | Roger | 1616-1704 | viol player 1
- Melani | Alessandro | 1639-1703 | composer 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 1
- Schickhardt | Johann Christian | c 1681-1762 | composer and instrumentalist 1
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music 1
- English 7
- French 2
- German 1
- Italian 4
- Latin 1
- Multiple languages 1