Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection of 127 songs, etc., copied by Edward Lowe, mid-17th cent. 'Cantus 2dus' part only.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 238
Extents: 226 pages
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part)
Leaf from a song-book containing Robert Jones's 'There is a garden' (treble part) and Thomas Morley's 'Aprill is in my mistris face' (bass part), n.d.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 60, fol. 111
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: Date not recorded at time of cataloguing.
Music copied by Edward Lowe, c 1636-1682.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 451 (Former reference: Music School A. 3. 29)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: c 1636-1682
- Indexed subjects
- Anthems 1
- Chamber music 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Motets 1
- Part songs, English 2
- Part-songs, English 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Vocal trios with continuo 1
- Indexed names
- Baltzar | Thomas | 1631-1663 | violinist and composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580–1630 | organist and composer 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 1
- Jones | Robert | c 1577–1617 | lutenist and composer 1
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 2
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 2
- Mell | Davis | 1604-1662 | violinist and composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Wilson | John | 1595-1674 | composer, lutenist and singer 1