Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
'A Booke of Psalme Tunes with directions by the Rull how to sing them...', [c 1700].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f. 38
Extents: 33 Leaves
Dates: [c 1700]
Collection of In Nomines and anthems by 16th and 17th-century composers, [c 1610-c 1625].
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 212-216
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1610-c 1625]
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi
Collection of motets and other vocal music, mainly by Giovanni Battista Bassani and Giacomo Carissimi. English copy in the hand of Sampson Estwick, [1690s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 590
Extents: 207 Leaves
Lowe's set of 'Latine & English Songs... by the best Italian and English Authors', 2nd half of 17th cent.
Extents: 0.88 linear metres (8 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 2nd half of 17th cent.
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
'New Bookes for vocall'. Eight 3-part motets copied by E. Lowe, .
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. c. 20-23
Extents: 1 box
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
Bass part book of Preces and Psalms, Services and Anthems, by Tye, Tallis, Byrd, Gibbons, Tomkins and others, [1633-1639].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 40
Extents: 269 Leaves
Sacred music by Italian composers, compiled in the latter part of the 17th century.
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1670-1700?]
William Child's 'Songs for 3, 4 and 5 voices', and a Dialogue, [mid-17th cent.].
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. c. 32-37
Extents: 6 Volumes
Dates: [mid-17th cent.]
- Indexed subjects
- Motets 7
- Anthems 5
- 18th century 4
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 4
- Communion service music 3
- Evening service music 3
- 16th century 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts) 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts) with continuo 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 5 parts) 2
- Morning service music 2
- Psalms (Music) 2
- 19th century 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 6 parts) 1
- Choruses, Secular (Men's voices), Accompanied 1
- Choruses, Secular (Women's voices), Accompanied 1
- Hymns, English 1
- In nomine (Music) 1
- Morning 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 1
- Quintets -- Parts 1
- Responses (Music) 1
- Sacred songs with continuo 1
- Sextets -- Parts 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 3
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 3
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 3
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 3
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 3
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 2
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 2
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 1
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Facchi | Agostino | d 1662 | composer and organist 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Ferrabosco | Alfonso | 1543-1588 | composer 1
- Goodson | Richard | 1688-1741 | organist and music copyist 1
- Goodson | Richard | c 1655-1718 | organist, composer and music copyist 1
- Marini | Francesco Maria | fl 1637 | composer 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- Sances | Giovanni Felice | c 1600-1679 | composer and singer 1