Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
Music-book with compositions for voice and lute at one end and keyboard music by Orlando Gibbons and music for lyra viol at the other
Music-book with compositions for voice and lute at one end and music by Orlando Gibbons and music for lyra viol at the other, mid-17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. f. 575 (Former shelfmark: Music School B. 3. 1)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Music copied by Edward Lowe, c 1636-1682.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 451 (Former reference: Music School A. 3. 29)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: c 1636-1682
- Indexed subjects
- Anthems 2
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Lyra viol music 1
- Madrigals 1
- Motets 2
- Part-songs, English 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Songs with lute 1
- Suites 2
- Indexed names
- Baltzar | Thomas | 1631-1663 | violinist and composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580–1630 | organist and composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Hudson | George | d 1672/3 | composer and musician 1
- Ives | Simon | 1600-1662 | string player, singer and composer 1
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 2
- Lilly | John | 1612-1678 | composer and musician 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 2
- Mell | Davis | 1604-1662 | violinist and composer 1
- Wilbye | John | bap 1574-1638 | composer and musician 1