Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
'A Booke of Psalme Tunes with directions by the Rull how to sing them...', [c 1700].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. f. 38
Extents: 33 Leaves
Dates: [c 1700]
Incomplete part-book of church music, belonging to a set probably used in the province of York, late 17th-early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. Liturg. c. 4
Extents: 180 pages
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
New College, Oxford. Chapel Choir Books. Incomplete sets and isolated members of part-books which were in use from the early 17th cent. up to the middle of the 19th cent. and probably later.
Extents: 3.41 linear metres (31 boxes)
Dates: mostly 17th and 18th centuries
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 19th century 1
- Anthems 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with organ 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 2
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 3 parts) 1
- Communion service music 2
- Evening service music 2
- Morning 1
- Morning service music 1
- Motets 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 1
- Indexed names
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Farrant | Richard | c 1528-1580 | Cathedral musician and composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Oxford University | New College 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 1