Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Alan Davidson, 'Roman Catholicism in Oxfordshire from the Late Elizabethan Period to the Civil War (c.1580-1640)'
Alan Davidson, 'Roman Catholicism in Oxfordshire from the Late Elizabethan Period to the Civil War (c.1580-1640)', typescript Ph.D. thesis, Bristol, 1970.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. d. 602
Extents: 770 Leaves
Commonplace book of Dr Ralph Baker.
Shelfmark: MS. Tanner 469
Extents: 53 Leaves
Dates: second half of the 17th century
'Pap[er]s containing the pleadings at Rome of severall Advocates for K. H. 8 & Q. Catherine concerning their Divorce from each other an. 1530'
Manuscript containing legal opinions pertaining to the divorce of King Henry VIII and Catherine of Arragon.
Shelfmark: MS. Don. c. 207
Extents: 159 Leaves
Dates: 17th century
Papers relating to Godfrey Goodman, bp. of Gloucester
Shelfmark: MS. Add. C. 205
Extents: 18 Leaves
Dates: Written chiefly in A.D. 1638-1639
Scientific papers of Christopher and Richard Towneley relating to their work in physics, geometry and astronomy and the antiquarian papers of Christopher Towneley relating to English Roman Catholics, 17th-18th cent.
Extents: 1.05 linear metres (17 Shelfmarks)
Roman Catholic theological and devotional works.
Extents: 3.3 linear metres (33 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: 16th - 19th cent.
Twelve letters chiefly to Sir Nathaniel Brent, warden of Merton college, Oxford, on the Council of Trent
Twelve letters chiefly to sir Nathaniel Brent, warden of Merton college, Oxford, on the Council of Trent, written in 1614-1704.
Shelfmark: MS. Bodl. 659
Extents: 27 Leaves
Dates: written in 1614-1704
- Indexed subjects
- Catholic Church 5
- 18th century 3
- 16th century 2
- Catholic Church -- England 2
- Religion 2
- Theology 2
- 19th century 1
- 20th century 1
- Astronomy -- Early works to 1800 1
- Church of England -- Bishops 1
- Church of England -- Clergy 1
- Commonplace books 1
- Correspondence 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- Geometry 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Tudor period, 1485-1603 1
- Literature 1
- Mathematics 1
- Norfolk (England) 1
- Oxfordshire (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Barker | Ralph | 1648-1708 | chaplain 1
- Brent | Sir | Nathaniel | 1573/4-1652 | ecclesiastical lawyer and college head 1
- Catherine | 1485-1536 | of Arragon | Queen consort of Henry VIII 1
- Clayton | Thomas | d. 1746 | Roman Catholic priest 1
- Council of Trent | 1545-1563 1
- Davidson | Alan | fl. 1970 | Ph.D. from the University of Bristol 1
- Goodman | Godfrey | 1583-1656 | Bishop of Gloucester 1
- Henry VIII | 1491-1547 | King of England and Ireland 1
- Parisio | Pietro Paolo | 1473-1545 | Cardinal 1
- Saltmarsh | Gerard | fl. 1675-1724 | Chaplain to Duchess of Norfolk 1
- Sheldon | Ralph | 1623-1684 | Antiquary 1
- Sillver | Ferdinand | d. 1728 | Roman Catholic priest 1
- Tanner | Thomas | 1674-1735 | Bishop of St Asaph and antiquary 1
- Towneley | Christopher | 1604-1674 | antiquary 1
- Towneley | Richard | 1629-1707 | natural philosopher 1
- Tunstall | Marmaduke | 1743-1790 | naturalist 1
- Wood | Anthony | 1632-1695 | Antiquary 1
- French 1
- Italian 2
- Latin 3