Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Drawings of Berkshire churches and their contents, many by J.C. Buckler, collected by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, early 19th century, and continued by Sir Thomas Phillips, who bought them from Hunt in 1820. The drawings are arranged alphabetically by parish, A-G, H-R, S-W.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: early 19th cent.
Drawings, with some engravings and lithographs, mainly of buildings and objects in Oxfordshire and Wiltshire
Drawings, with some engravings and lithographs, mainly of buildings and objects in Oxfordshire and Wiltshire, 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Oxon. c. 532
Extents: 82 Leaves
Dates: 19th century
Notes on Berkshire churches and drawings of brasses by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, c.1788-1813.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Berks. b. 42
Extents: 81 Leaves
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 1
- Antiquarians 1
- Architectural drawing 1
- Berkshire (England) 2
- Church buildings 2
- Church buildings -- England -- Berkshire 1
- Drawings 2
- Oxfordshire (England) 1
- Wiltshire (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Benson | Robert | 1797-1844 | judge and local historian of Salisbury 1
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 1
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire antiquary 1
- Hunt | James | 1795-1857 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 2