Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Latin sacred music of the 16th-18th cent., copied in score by Rev. Charles Hayward, c 1800.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 293
Extents: 188 pages
Dates: c 1800
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525/5-1594): 1st book of motets for 4 voices (Rome, 1563), scored up by Giovanni Maria Casini and copied by Cosimo Scuffi, late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 287
Extents: 346 pages
Dates: late 17th or early 18th-cent.
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts) with orchestra 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 2
- Motets 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 2
- Indexed names
- Allegri | Gregorio | 1582-1652 | composer and singer 1
- Baj | Tommaso | c 1650-1714 | composer and singer 1
- Casini | Giovanni Maria | 1652-1719 | church musician and composer 1
- Haydn | Franz Joseph | 1732-1809 | Austrian Composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 2
- English 1
- Italian 1