Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Accounts, notes, plans, etc.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Surrey e. 3
Extents: 139 Leaves
Dates: Written in A.D. 1827-1833, chiefly by J. B. Nichols
Collection of monumental inscriptions and notes on Staffordshire churches, by Mark Noble, late 18th-early 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Staffs. c. 3
Extents: 384 Leaves
Dates: late 18th-early 19th century
Collections for a history of the Berkeley family of Cotheridge, Worcs., 1851-1852, compiled by J. B. Nichols.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Worcs. d. 7
Extents: 460 Leaves
Correspondence and papers relating to the Gentleman's Magazine
Extents: 0.20 linear metres (4 boxes)
Dates: Written in A.D. 1819-1859
Correspondence of Richard Gough, John Nichols, and J.B. Nichols concerning the second edition of The history and antiquities of the county of Dorset
Correspondence of Richard Gough, John Nichols, and J.B. Nichols concerning the second edition of The history and antiquities of the county of Dorset.
Extents: 0.10 linear metres (2 boxes)
Detailed list of his pictures, prints, drawings and family portraits, compiled by John Bowyer Nichols
Detailed list of his pictures, prints, drawings and family portraits, compiled by John Bowyer Nichols, c.1831-1846.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 6579, fol. 54
Extents: 1 leaf
Letter from Isabella Nichols to her brother J. B. Nichols concerning the removal of the latter's books to Parliament Street, Westminster
Letter from Isabella Nichols to her brother J. B. Nichols, 26 June 1827 concerning the removal of the latter's books to Parliament Street, Westminster.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 7284, fols. 58-59
Extents: 2.0 Leaves
Dates: 26 June 1827
Letters to John and John Bowyer Nichols, booksellers and antiquaries, c. 1770-1833
Extents: 5.50 linear metres (50 boxes)
Letters to Joseph Cradock (arranged alphabetically, G-M, N-S), 1760-1826; letters to Mrs. Cradock, 1811-15; and the correspondence of John Bowyer Nichols, mainly as Cradock's executor, 1826-8.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Papers and collections of the Nichols family, printers and publishers, 1785-1854, including family correspondence, accounts, journals and antiquarian collections.
Extents: 1.35 linear metres
Poems and other interesting Memorials of Richard Gough, Esq., F.R.S., F.S.A.
Extents: 0.22 linear metres (2 boxes)
Dates: Written in about 1740-1805, almost entirely by R. Gough
Three notebooks of John Bowyer Nichols (d. 1863)
Extents: 0.15 linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: Written about A.D. 1855-1858 by J. B. Nichols
- Indexed names: Nichols | John Bowyer | 1779-1863 | printer and antiquary X
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 6
- Accounts 1
- Antiquarians 4
- Antiquarians -- Great Britain -- Correspondence 1
- Art 1
- Authors -- 18th century 1
- Authors -- 19th century 1
- Book industries and trade 1
- Church buildings 1
- Dorset (England) 1
- Genealogy 1
- Great Britain 1
- Literature 2
- London (England) 1
- Poetry 1
- Prayers 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Staffordshire (England) 1
- Worcestershire (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Berkeley | family | 1100-2000 | Earls of Berkeley | Berkeley Castle 1
- Cradock | Joseph | 1742-1826 | author 1
- Gentleman's Magazine 2
- Gough | Richard | 1735-1809 | antiquary 2
- Hutchins | John | 1698-1773 | historian of Dorset 1
- Kempe | Alfred John | ? 1785-1846 | Antiquary 1
- Nichols family 1
- Nichols | Isabella | b 1785 | daughter of John Nichols (1745-1826) 1
- Nichols | John Gough | 1806-1873 | printer and antiquary 2
- Nichols | John | 1745-1826 | Printer, Author, and Antiquary 1
- Nichols | John | 1745-1826 | printer, author and antiquary 2
- Noble | Mark | 1754-1827 | Biographer, genealogist, and antiquary 1
- Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers 1