Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Fifty-six musical pieces, about half of which are Latin anthems, and the rest Italian airs or songs.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. C. 45-50
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Written in the second half of the 17th cent.
Latin sacred music in score by Emanuele d'Astorga, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina and Thomas Morley. English mid-18th-century manuscript copied by 4 different hands.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 294
Extents: 220 pages
Dates: mid-18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 18th century 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Motets 1
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 1
- Stabat Mater dolorosa (Music) 1
- Indexed names
- Marenzio | Luca | 1553/4-1599 | composer 1
- Palestrina | Giovanni Pierluigi da | 1525?-1594 | composer 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Ward | John | c 1589-1638 | composer 1
- d'Astorga | Emanuele | 1680-1757 | composer 1