Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection of madrigals for 5-10 voices by Luca Marenzio and Giovanni Ferretti. Scored up by James Bartleman, [early 19th cent.].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 54
Extents: 200 pages
Dates: [early 19th cent.]
Fifty-six musical pieces, about half of which are Latin anthems, and the rest Italian airs or songs.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. C. 45-50
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Written in the second half of the 17th cent.
7th book of five-part madrigals by Luca Marenzio. Scored up by James Bartleman in September 1819 from the parts of the collected edition of Marenzio's madrigals, Madrigalia quinque vocum.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. e. 53
Extents: 304 pages
Dates: Sep 1819
- Indexed names: Marenzio | Luca | 1553/4-1599 | composer X
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 2
- 17th century 2
- 19th century 1
- Madrigals, Italian 2
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 2
- Indexed names
- Bartleman | James | 1769-1821 | singer (bass) 2
- Ferretti | Giovanni | c 1540-after 1609 | composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Ward | John | c 1589-1638 | composer 1
- English 2
- Italian 2
- Latin 1