Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Part-books of consort music for strings in three and four parts by Charles Coleman, Richard Cooke and William Lawes; and (volumes reversed) anonymous lute and lyra viol consort music, two anonymous lute solos, and lute consort music by J. Birchensha, mid-17th cent.
Extents: 2 boxes (0.22 linear metres)
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, containing a collection of vocal and instrumental music
Four part-books from a set originally consisting of six, prepared probably well before 1636 for a collection of vocal music, with more vocal and instrumental consort music added later by Edward Lowe.
Shelfmark: MSS. Mus. Sch. d. 233-236
Extents: 4 Volumes
Dates: Early-mid 17th cent.
Music copied by Edward Lowe, c 1636-1682.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. e. 451 (Former reference: Music School A. 3. 29)
Extents: 1 box
Dates: c 1636-1682
- Indexed subjects
- Anthems 2
- Madrigals 1
- Motets 2
- Part-songs, English 1
- Psalms (Music) 1
- Suites 2
- Indexed names
- Baltzar | Thomas | 1631-1663 | violinist and composer 1
- Birchensha | John | c 1605–1681? | musical theorist and teacher 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | organist and composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580–1630 | organist and composer 1
- Ferrabosco | Alfonso | c 1575-1628 | composer and viol player 1
- Jenkins | John | 1592-1678 | composer 2
- Lawes | Henry | bap 1596-1662 | singer and composer 2
- Mell | Davis | 1604-1662 | violinist and composer 1
- Rogers | Benjamin | 1613/14–1698 | organist and composer 1
- Simpson | Christopher | c 1602/1606-1669 | composer 1
- Ward | John | c 1589-1638 | composer 1
- Wilbye | John | bap 1574-1638 | composer and musician 1