Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Archive of Bruce Montgomery, (1921-1978), detective novelist writing under the pseudonym of Edmund Crispin, and composer in his own name.
Extents: 28.5 linear metres (187 physical shelfmarks)
Letters and cards exchanged between the poet Philip Larkin (1922-1985) and the art historian Judy Egerton (1928-2012) during the course of their thirty-year friendship.
Extents: 2.25 linear metres (14 physical shelfmarks)
Greeting cards sent by Monica Jones to Philip Larkin, 1950s-1984.
Extents: 0.75 linear metres (5 boxes)
Typescript interview of Philip Larkin with Miriam Gross for The Observer, with manuscript corrections by Larkin, and associated correspondence.
Shelfmark: MS. 16084
Extents: 1 box
Letter from Philip Larkin to Frank Evans.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 8394, fol. 53
Extents: 1 leaf
Dates: Aug 1961
Letters from Barbara Pym to Philip Larkin, 1961-75, 1975-9, with nine Christmas cards, n.d.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Letters from Kingsley Amis to Philip Larkin, including many cartoon sketches (especially those dating between 1946-1951), and some poems.
Extents: 1.1 linear metres (11 physical shelfmarks)
Letters from Monica Jones to Philip Larkin, 1946-1970s.
Extents: 7.5 linear metres (50 boxes)
Letters from Philip Larkin, poet and librarian, to Monica Jones, teacher and academic, sent between 1946 and 1984.
Extents: 5.72 linear metres (52 physical shelfmarks)
Catalogue of letters received by Miriam Gross, 1970-2000.
Shelfmark: MS. 17235
Extents: 1 box
Letters of Philip Larkin to Winifred Dawson née Arnott.
Shelfmark: MS. Don. c. 177
Extents: 1 box
Letters to Philip Larkin from Bruce and Ann Montgomery
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. c. 2762
Extents: 108 Leaves
Dates: 1943-80, n.d.
Medals, certificates and miscellaneous objects of Philip Larkin
Extents: 0.5 linear metres (2 shelfmarks)
- Indexed names: Larkin | Philip Arthur | 1922-1985 | poet X
- Indexed subjects
- Books 1
- Books and reading 1
- Correspondence 3
- English literature 1
- English literature -- 20th century 3
- English poetry 4
- English poetry -- 20th century 7
- Literature 2
- Literature -- 20th century 1
- Novelists -- 20th century 2
- Poetry 2
- Poetry -- 20th century 2
- Poets 3
- Poets -- 20th century 1
- Poets, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 4
- Indexed names
- Jones | Monica Margaret Beal | 1922-2001 | lecturer in English 3
- Amis | Sir | Kingsley William | 1922-1995 | Knight | novelist and literary critic 2
- Marvell Press | publisher 2
- Montgomery | Robert Bruce | 1921-1978 | Composer and writer as Edmund Crispin 2
- Queen's University Belfast 2
- University of Hull 2
- Berlin | Sir | Isaiah | 1909-1997 | Knight | historian and philosopher 1
- Cornwell | David John Moore | 1931-2020 | writer, pseudonym John le Carré 1
- Dawson | Winifred | 1929-2014 | née Arnott, later Bradshaw | librarian and biographer 1
- Day | Sir | Robin | 1923-2000 | Knight | broadcaster, journalist 1
- Egerton | Judy | 1928-2012 | art historian 1
- Evans | Frank | 1926-2017 | marine biologist 1
- Faber and Faber | publisher 1
- Gross | Miriam Marianna | b. 1938 | née May | journalist and writer, wife of Sir Geoffrey Owen 1
- Guinness | Alec | 1914-2000 | actor 1
- Hogg | Quintin McGarel | 1907-2001 | Baron Hailsham of St Marylebone | lawyer and politician | formerly Viscount Hailsham 1
- McCarthy | Mary | 1912-1989 | writer 1
- Montgomery | Barbara Ann | fl 1943-1980 | second wife of Robert Bruce Montgomery 1
- Murdoch | Dame | Iris | 1919-1999 | novelist and philosopher 1
- Perutz | Max Ferdinand | 1914-2002 | biologist 1