Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
37 letters written by, or to, Sir John Chancellor, including letters about India, Mauritius, Palestine, Cyprus and South Africa.
Extents: 37 items (107 ff.)
Correspondence, tour diaries etc. relating to service in the Gold Cost, British Guiana, Fiji, Trinidad and Tobago, Nigeria.
Extents: 14 volumes and files (5 boxes)
Despatches, official and personal correspondence, notes and memoranda relating to Chancellor's work as Governor of Mauritius, Governor of Trinidad and Tobago, Governor of Southern Rhodesia, and High Commissioner for Palestine and Trans-Jordan.
Extents: 96 Files
The collection mainly consists of speeches and broadcasts made by Renison while serving in the West Indies and in Kenya. Topics covered in the speeches include Kenya's constitutional advancement, the Conference at Lancaster House in 1960, and the constitutional talks held in Nairobi in 1961. Also included in the collection is a small amount of correspondence about the future of the Overseas Civil Service and papers concerning recruitment.
Extents: 2 boxes
- Indexed subjects
- Africa -- Officials and employees 2
- Asia -- Officials and employees 2
- Belize -- Officials and employees 1
- Colonial administrators 2
- Fiji -- Officials and employees 1
- Ghana -- Officials and employees 1
- Governors -- Africa 1
- Governors -- Africa -- Correspondence 1
- Governors -- Asia 1
- Governors -- Asia -- Correspondence 1
- Governors -- Trinidad and Tobago 1
- Governors -- Trinidad and Tobago -- Correspondence 1
- Guyana -- Officials and employees 2
- Kenya -- Officials and employees 1
- Nigeria -- Officials and employees 1
- Indexed names
- Chancellor | John Robert | 1870-1952 | Sir | Knight Colonial Administrator 2
- Renison | Patrick Muir | 1911-1965 | Sir | Knight Colonial Administrator 1
- Robertson | Algar Ronald | 1902-1975 | Colonial Administrator 1