Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Album of photographs relating to Logie Weir Wilson's service as Chief Commissioner, Sierra Leone, 1948-1949. Included are photographs of: Logie Wilson and his wife Gladys (d 1984); people who worked for the Wilsons; local people; people during Ramadan; the Chief Commissioner's House; Government House in Freetown, and the District Commissioner's house (including photographs of the District Commissioner, Dick Cox).
Extents: 15 ff.
Diary and photographs as private secretary to Lord Hailey when the latter was Director of the African Research Survey. Correspondence, reports etc. concerning land and agriculture in Tanganyika. Account books and files relating to Dungo Farm. Also, a collection of Kenya Draft Township Development Plans drawn by Elliot Fitzgibbon, who was Municipal and Town Planning Engineer to the Kenya Government from 1928-1934.
Extents: 17 boxes, 1 volume
Five captioned photograph albums (1936-1954) spanning the whole of White's career from a Cadet at Cambridge University to his work as a District Officer and, later, Head of Commerce and Industries in Northern Region, Nigeria, and including a trip to the Sudan. Also included are associated papers, pamphlets, articles, literary correspondence and presscuttings, mostly to do with agriculture and commerce. The five photograph albums provide a pictorial counterpart to …
Extents: 4 boxes
Photographs of Cadets from the Oxford University Colonial Administrative Service Course / Colonial Services Club
Album containing group photographs of the Oxford University Colonial Service cadets. Each photograph is labelled with the names of the people, their college at Oxford and the first territory they were posted to.
Extents: 1 volume
Dates: 1929, 1931-1940, 1947-1950
Two albums and one file of photographs taken during colonial administrative service in the Gold Coast.
Extents: 1 box
- Indexed subjects
- Agricultural industries -- Nigeria 1
- Agriculture -- Africa 1
- Clubs -- England -- Oxford -- Photographs 1
- Colonial Administrators -- Sierra Leone -- Photographs 1
- Colonial administrators -- England -- Oxford -- Study and teaching 1
- Colonial administrators -- Ghana 1
- Colonial administrators -- Nigeria -- Photographs 1
- Colonial administrators -- Tanganyika 1
- Farms -- Tanzania -- Mboamaji 1
- Ghana -- Officials and employees 1
- Nigeria -- Officials and employees -- Pictorial works 1
- Nigeria -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works 1
- Occupational training -- England -- Oxford 1
- Photographs 2
- Portraits, Group 1
- Sierra Leone -- Officials and employees -- Pictorial works 1
- Sierra Leone -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works 1
- Tanganyika -- Officials and employees 1
- Indexed names
- African Research Survey 1
- Hailey | William Malcolm | 1872-1969 | 1st Baron Hailey 1
- Kilby | Walter Wheatly | fl 1928-1931 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Malcolm | Donald Wingfield | b 1907 | colonial administrator 1
- University of Oxford 1
- White | Stanhope | b 1913 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Wilson | Logie Weir | 1894-1961 | Colonial Administrator 1