Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Correspondence, memoranda etc. of service in Kenya, the British Solomon Islands and as British Resident Commissioner in the New Hebrides.
Extents: 4 boxes
Papers, reports and correspondence relating to Kenya, 1921-1964, Zanzibar, 1913-1965, and Palestine, 1939.
Extents: 8 boxes
Administrative reports as District Commissioner in Elgeyo-Marakwet, Kenya, 1961-1962.
Extents: 1 box
The collection mainly consists of speeches and broadcasts made by Renison while serving in the West Indies and in Kenya. Topics covered in the speeches include Kenya's constitutional advancement, the Conference at Lancaster House in 1960, and the constitutional talks held in Nairobi in 1961. Also included in the collection is a small amount of correspondence about the future of the Overseas Civil Service and papers concerning recruitment.
Extents: 2 boxes
Papers as Governor of Uganda and Governor of Kenya. Also biographical material and correspondence. The years with the British South Africa Company are mainly represented by unofficial correspondence and Coryndon's own articles for magazines. No papers relating to his service under Rhodes survive in this collection. A small part of the collection is formed by correspondence and papers (1926-1931) of Sir Edward Grigg (Coryndon's successor in Kenya), along with papers (1913-1930) of…
Extents: 18 boxes
Album containing photographs taken by Colonel Eric Brooke-Anderson (Kenya administration) and his wife Amy. Mainly photographs of Fort Hall, Kenya, but also some of the surrounding area - Thika Falls, Chania Falls, Mount Kenya, and also some photographs of Zanzibar, Aden, Suez, Port Said and Durban. The photographs feature people, buildings, scenery, and include a few images of the Church Missionary Society buildings in Weithaga.
Extents: 1 album, 1 print
- Indexed subjects
- Africa -- Pictorial works 1
- Asia -- Pictorial works 1
- Belize -- Officials and employees 1
- Colonial administrators 3
- Colonial administrators -- Africa 1
- Colonial administrators -- Kenya 2
- Governors -- Africa 1
- Guyana -- Officials and employees 1
- Palestine -- Officials and employees 1
- Solomon Islands -- Officials and employees 1
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Officials and employees 1
- Uganda -- Officials and employees 1
- Vanuatu -- Officials and employees 1
- Zanzibar -- Officials and employees 1
- Indexed names
- Brooke-Anderson | Amy | fl 1920-1926 | wife of Colonel Eric L Brooke-Anderson 1
- Brooke-Anderson | Eric L | fl 1920-1926 | Colonel 1
- Buxton | Clarence Edward Victor | 1892-1967 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Church Missionary Society 2
- Coryndon | Phyllis Mary | fl 1903-1947 | Lady | nee Worthington, wife of Sir Robert Thorne Coryndon 1
- Coryndon | Sir | Robert Thorne | 1870-1925 | Knight | Colonial Administrator 1
- Dutton | Eric Aldhelm Torlogh | 1895-1973 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Gardner | J A | b 1921 | Administrator Kenyan Government 1
- Grigg | Edward William Macleay | 1879-1955 | 1st Baron Altrincham | politician 1
- Renison | Patrick Muir | 1911-1965 | Sir | Knight Colonial Administrator 1
- Richards | Charles Granston | b 1908 | Missionary and Publisher 1
- Wilkie | Alexander Mair | 1917-1966 | Colonial Administrator 1