Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Transcript of an interview (1970) with Sir Frederick Johnson Pedler relating to his service in the Colonial Office and in Africa, 1930-1968. Typescript.
Extents: 60 ff.
Articles and lectures on schools in Nigeria, and on Nigeria in general, as a former Education Officer. Typescript.
Extents: 17 Leaves
Dates: [ca. 1973]
Correspondence, reports, memoranda, etc., relating to Colonial Administrative Service in Nigeria and the Cameroons (1935-1945); and in the Western Pacific High Commission (1946-1951), including notes on the history, customs, commerce and development of the Western Pacific High Commission territories.
Extents: 1 box
Diaries, reports, memoranda, correspondence, etc., relating to service in Tanganyika (1934-1937); as Secretary to the Commission on Higher Education in East Africa and the Sudan (1937-1938); as secretary to Lord Hailey in British Tropical Africa (1939) and in the Congo (1940-1942); also personal papers and letters relating to work for the United Africa Company in the Gold Coast (1947-1968).
Extents: 23 boxes, 2 volumes
"Barotseland: Notes by the Resident on the Natives and the Physical Aspects of the Country", 1897. Photocopied typescript.
Extents: 3 ff.
Papers as Governor of Uganda and Governor of Kenya. Also biographical material and correspondence. The years with the British South Africa Company are mainly represented by unofficial correspondence and Coryndon's own articles for magazines. No papers relating to his service under Rhodes survive in this collection. A small part of the collection is formed by correspondence and papers (1926-1931) of Sir Edward Grigg (Coryndon's successor in Kenya), along with papers (1913-1930) of…
Extents: 18 boxes
- Indexed subjects
- 19th century 1
- 20th century 5
- Africa -- Officials and employees 2
- Barotseland (Zambia) 1
- Cameroon -- Officials and employees 1
- Colonial administrators -- Africa 5
- Colonial administrators -- Africa -- Interviews 1
- Education -- Nigeria 1
- Governors -- Africa 1
- Kenya -- Officials and employees 1
- Nigeria -- Description and travel 1
- Nigeria -- Officials and employees 1
- Uganda -- Officials and employees 1
- Indexed names
- Bryant | Herbert Collingwood A | b 1908 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Church Missionary Society 1
- Coryndon | Phyllis Mary | fl 1903-1947 | Lady | nee Worthington, wife of Sir Robert Thorne Coryndon 1
- Coryndon | Sir | Robert Thorne | 1870-1925 | Knight | Colonial Administrator 2
- Dutton | Eric Aldhelm Torlogh | 1895-1973 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Great Britain | Commission on Higher Education in East Africa and the Sudan 1
- Great Britain | High Commission for Western Pacific Islands 1
- Grigg | Edward William Macleay | 1879-1955 | 1st Baron Altrincham | politician 1
- Hibbert | Francis Dennis | 1906-1975 | Colonial Administrator 1
- Pedler | Frederick Johnson | 1908-1991 | Sir | Knight Colonial Administrator 1
- Pedler | Sir | Frederick Johnson | 1908-1991 | Knight | Colonial Administrator 1
- Richards | Charles Granston | b 1908 | Missionary and Publisher 1
- United Africa Company 1