Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collections of John Anstis and Edward Southwell on the descent of peerages, 1733-1737.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. c. 70
Extents: 320 Leaves
'Collections relating to [Oxford] University Degrees made by the late John Anstis Esqr....'
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. misc. c. 48
Extents: 137 Leaves
Dates: Written about A.D. 1730-1745 by John Anstis (d. 1745)
Collections relating to the baronage, mainly the descent of titles through women, early 17th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Eng. hist. d. 141
Extents: 77 Leaves
Dates: early 17th century
Notes and transcripts by John Anstis, with some correspondence, for his work The register of the most noble order of the Garter (London, 1726), mounted on leaves from 16th-century editions of year books.
Extents: 2 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th cent.
Volume containing five notebooks of extracts by George Harbin from the antiquarian and genealogical manuscripts of John Anstis
Volume containing five notebooks of extracts by George Harbin from the antiquarian and genealogical manuscripts of John Anstis, early 18th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. e. 76
Extents: 153 Leaves
Dates: early 18th century
- Indexed subjects
- 17th century 1
- 18th century 4
- Antiquarians 3
- Chancellors, Diocesan 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Genealogy 1
- Literature 1
- Nobility -- Great Britain 2
- Orders of knighthood and chivalry -- Great Britain 1
- Peerage claims 1
- Universities and colleges 1
- Indexed names
- Chandler | Edward | ? 1668-1750 | Bishop of Durham 1
- Church of England | Diocese of Durham 1
- Harbin | George | c. 1665-1744 | nonjuror, historical writer and antiquary 1
- Order of the Garter 1
- Potter | John | c 1673-1747 | Archbishop of Canterbury 1
- Southwell | Edward |1705-1755 | politician 1
- University of Oxford 1