Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 22
Albums containing songs in English, French, and Italian, for solo voice piano.
Extents: 0.10 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson
Collection of motets, cantatas and madrigals by Italian composers, collected by the younger Richard Goodson, [1720s-1730s].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 9
Extents: 312 pages
Different guitar pieces by Henri François de Gallot.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. C. 94
Extents: 150 Leaves
Dates: Written c.1680-1684
Eighteen Italian and four English songs, words and music; and one instrumental piece.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. D. 224
Extents: 98 pages
Dates: Written in the 18th cent.
Exercises for the pianoforte for young players, with a few instructions and Four Italian and two English songs with music
Exercises for the pianoforte for young players, with a few instructions and Four Italian and two English songs with music.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. D. 225
Extents: 41 Leaves
Dates: Written early in the 18th cent.
Fifty-six musical pieces, about half of which are Latin anthems, and the rest Italian airs or songs.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. C. 45-50
Extents: 1 box
Dates: Written in the second half of the 17th cent.
G. B. Bassani: Organ part only (figured bass) of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683)
Figured bass part for organ of 12 sonatas, published as Op. 5, Sinfonie a due, e trè instromenti, con il basso continuo per l'organo ... (Bologna, 1683), copied in late 17th or early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c.372
Extents: 16 Leaves
Dates: late 17th-early 18th cent.
Score of Giovanni Battista Bassani's Op. 8, 'Metri Sacri Resi Armonici', early 18th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 207
Extents: 80 Leaves
Dates: early 18th cent.
'Introduction to ... Thoro' Bass' and 'sonatas for the violin(?) and songs', written in the 18th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 8
Extents: 34 Leaves
Dates: written in the 18th century
Latin, Italian and English vocal music copied by Edward Lowe in a book bound for G. S. (initials on covers)
Latin, Italian and English vocal music copied by Edward Lowe in a book bound for G. S. (initials on covers) [Giovanni Sebenico?], 2nd half of the 17th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. c. 11
Extents: 202 pages
Dates: 2nd half of the 17th cent.
The M. Deneke Mendelssohn Collection contains a wealth of autographs, letters, drawing books, and other personal items relating to Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy, as well as a considerable part of the composer's own library. Other relevant material is added from time to time.
Extents: 23.54 Linear metres (236 physical shelfmarks)
Collection of mostly 18th-century manuscript music bequeathed by the pioneering Handel scholar, Thomas William Bourne (1862-1948), 1601-1902.
Extents: 2.20 Linear metres (20 boxes)
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham. Most of the music consists of English, Italian and French songs and operatic arias, late seventeenth to early eighteenth century. Parts for one or two voices, bass line, and (rarely) other accompaniments are given in score. Some teaching notes are included.
Extents: 17 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th-19th cent.
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham, late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Extents: 17 boxes (0.85 linear metres)
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent., n.d.
Music manuscripts from the Library of St Michael's College, Tenbury, Worcestershire, [c 1600]-1930.
Extents: 127.16 Linear metres (1136 physical shelfmarks)
Dates: [c 1600]-1930
'Erismena', opera in a prologue and 3 acts, by Pier Francesco Cavalli. Full score with English words, copied in England c 1670.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 282
Extents: 180 Leaves
Dates: c 1670
Short pieces of instrumental music, some imperfect, including five by Henry Purcell.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. E. 397
Extents: 120 pages
Dates: Written in the first half of the 18th cent.
Transcriptions of music of the 15th-18th century (mostly of the 16th-17th cent.), made largely in the early-19th cent.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. c. 623
Extents: 236 Leaves
Dates: late 17th-early 19th cent.
Twenty-three Italian cantatas and Psalms 133, 137, 147, 150, in English.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. E. 396
Extents: 200 pages
Dates: Written in the first half of the 18th cent.
Unidentified Italian concert or operatic aria in E flat major, for soprano and orchestra (oboes, horns and strings), [c 1813].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 304
Extents: 28 pages
Dates: [c 1813]
- Indexed subjects
- 18th century 16
- 17th century 9
- 19th century 9
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century 6
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century 6
- Motets 5
- 16th century 3
- Madrigals, Italian 3
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century 3
- Organ music 3
- 20th century 2
- Anthems 2
- Cantatas, Sacred 2
- Music, English 2
- Music, Italian 2
- Operas 2
- Oratorios 2
- Orchestral music 2
- Sacred vocal music 2
- Songs, English 2
- Songs, French 2
- Songs, Italian 2
- Arias 1
- Bount family -- Library 1
- Chamber music 1
- Choruses, Sacred 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Women's voices) with continuo 1
- Choruses, Secular 1
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied 1
- Composers -- Correspondence 1
- Composers -- Portraits 1
- Composers, English 1
- Composers, French 1
- Composers, German 1
- Composers, Italian 1
- Concerts -- Germany -- 19th century 1
- Evening service music 1
- Keyboard instrument music 1
- Madrigals, English 1
- Masses 1
- Mendelssohn family 1
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Cécile, 1817-1853 -- Correspondence 1
- Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix, 1809-1847 -- Correspondence 1
- Morning service music 1
- Music publishers -- Correspondence 1
- Music, French 1
- Operas -- Excerpts 1
- Operas -- Librettos 1
- Operas -- Scores 1
- Overtures 1
- Quartets (Violins (2), cello, continuo) 1
- Sacred songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Sacred songs (Low voice) with instrumental ensemble 1
- Sonatas (Violin) 1
- Sonatas (Violins (2), cello and continuo) 1
- Songs with orchestra 1
- Songs with piano 1
- Trio sonatas (Violins (2), continuo) 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Vocal music 1
- x - 13th century 1
- x - 15th century 1 ∧ less
- Indexed names
- Bassani | Giovanni Battist | c 1650-1716 | composer 3
- Ferrabosco | Alfonso | 1543-1588 | composer 2
- Purcell | Henry | c 1659-1695 | composer 2
- University of Oxford 2
- Albinoni | Tomaso Giovanni | 1671-1750/1751 | composer 1
- Albrici | Bartolomeo | c 1635-1688 | keyboard player and composer 1
- Aldrich | Henry | 1648-1710 | composer 1
- Anerio | Felice | c 1560-1614 | composer 1
- Arne | Thomas Augustine | 1710-1778 | composer 1
- Awbery | John | fl 1700-1799 | Fellow of New College, Oxford 1
- Bach | Johann Christian | 1735-1782 | composer 1
- Bartholdy | Cécile | Mendelssohn- | 1817-1853 | wife of Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy 1
- Bartholdy | Jacob Ludwig Felix | Mendelssohn- | 1809-1847 | composer 1
- Batten | Adrian | d 1637 | English composer 1
- Beethoven | Ludwig van | 1770-1827 | composer 1
- Bernabei | Ercole | 1622-1687 | composer 1
- Bianchi | (Giuseppe) Francesco | c 1752-1810 | English composer 1
- Blount | family | Mapledurham 1
- Blow | John | 1648-1708 | composer 1
- Bononcini | Giovanni | 1670-1747 | composer 1
- Bourne | Thomas William | 1862-1948 | musical scholar 1
- Boyce | William | 1710-1779 | musician 1
- Bull | John | 1562/1563–1628 | composer 1
- Burney | Charles | 1726-1814 | musician and author 1
- Byrd | William | c 1540-1623 | musical composer 1
- Carissimi | Giacomo | 1605-1674 | composer 1
- Cavalli | Pier Francesco | 1602-1676 | composer 1
- Child | William | 1606/1607-1697 | composer 1
- Cimarosa | Domenico | 1749-1801 | Italian composer 1
- Clarke | Jeremiah | c 1743-1809 | composer 1
- Coprario | John | c 1570/1580-1626 | composer 1
- Dering | Richard | c 1580-1630 | composer and organist 1
- Donizetti | Domenico Gaetano Maria | 1797-1848 | Italian composer 1
- Dupuis | Thomas Sanders | 1733-1796 | composer 1
- Durante | Francesco | 1684-1755 | composer 1
- Galuppi | Baldassare | 1706-1785 | Italian composer 1
- Gibbons | Orlando | 1583-1625 | composer 1
- Goodson | Richard | 1688-1741 | organist and music copyist 1
- Greene | Maurice | 1695-1755 | organist and composer 1
- Handel | George Frederick | 1685-1759 | musical composer 1
- Hasse | Johann Adolf | 1699-1783 | composer 1
- Hayes | Philip | 1738-1797 | Professor of Music at Oxford 1
- Hayes | William | 1706-1777 | Professor of Music at Oxford 1
- Hensel | Fanny Mendelssohn | 1805-1847 | composer 1
- Jeffreys | George | c 1610-1685 | composer, music copyist and organist 1
- Jommelli | Niccolò | 1714-1774 | composer 1
- Lanier | Nicholas | 1588-1666 | composer, singer, lutenist and artist 1
- Lasso | Orlando di | 1532-1594 | composer 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 1
- Marenzio | Luca | 1553/1554-1599 | composer 1
- Marenzio | Luca | 1553/4-1599 | composer 1
- Mayr | Giovanni Simone | 1763-1845 | composer 1
- Morley | Thomas | 1557/1558-1602 | composer and publisher 1
- Ouseley | Sir | Frederick Arthur Gore | 1825-1889 | 2nd Baronet | Professor of Music at Oxford University 1
- Pachelbel | Johann | 1653-1706 | composer 1
- Pergolesi | Giovanni Battista | 1710-1736 | composer 1
- Rovetta | Giovanni | 1595-1668 | instrumentalist, composer and singer 1
- Scarlatti | Alessandro | 1660-1725 | composer 1
- Schubert | Franz | 1797-1828 | composer 1
- Simpson | Christopher | c 1602/1606-1669 | composer 1
- Spohr | Louis | 1784-1859 | composer 1
- St Michael's College | Tenbury 1
- Tallis | Thomas | c 1505-1585 | composer 1
- Taverner | John | c 1490-1545 | composer 1
- Tye | Christopher | ? 1497-1572 | composer 1
- Valentini | Giuseppe | 1681-1753 | composer, violinist and poet 1
- Ward | John | c 1589-1638 | composer 1
- Weldon | John | 1676-1736 | composer 1
- Wesley | Charles | 1757-1834 | musician 1
- Wesley | Samuel | 1766-1837 | musician 1
- White | Robert | c 1538-1574 | composer 1
- Wight | Osborne | d 1800 | Fellow of New College, Oxford 1 ∧ less
- French 7
- German 2
- Latin 6
- Multiple languages 1