Notebooks of Bulkeley Bandinel
Notebooks of Bulkeley Bandinel, consisting of:
- List of early editions of Greek authors
- Two lists of Aldine editions in the Bodleian, without shelfmarks, in chronological and alphabetical order, c. 1850
- List of editiones principes of ancient Greek authors, with a few notes of the date of purchase by the Bodleian
- List of editions of the Bible in various languages in the Bodleian, arranged alphabetically by language, c. 1830-40
- List of first and rare editions, mainly of Latin classical authors, not necessarily in the Bodleian
- 19th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Lat. misc. b. 10].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Lat. misc. b. 10, e. 47-50, f. 20
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12777
Biographical / Historical
Bulkeley Bandinel (1781-1861) was Bodley's Librarian, 1813-60. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 47892-7.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The notebooks were transferred from Library records in 1916.
- Notebooks of Bulkeley Bandinel
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description