Microfilms of David Garrick Manuscripts
Microfilms of David Garrick manuscripts.
- 20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Film 728].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Film 728-733
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12969
Biographical / Historical
Christian F. Deelman (b. 1937), New College, Oxford, acquired the microfilms from various libraries. David Garrick (1717-79) was an actor. Details for Garrick are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The microfilms were given to the Library by Mrs. Christian F. Deelman in 1965.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Film 728 - Hyde Collection, MS. of Lethe, 1777
- MS. Film 729 - Huntington Library, MSS. L.A. 386 and H.M. 185 (BonTon)
- MS. Film 730 - John Rylands Library, MS. Spencer 22571 (Lethe)
- MS. Film 731 - Boston Public Library, Rare Book Department, MS. G. 3492.2 (Jubilee)
- MS. Film 732 - Washington, The Folger Shakespeare Library, "Microfilm J" (Various items)
- MS. Film 733 - Washington, The Folger Shakespeare Library, (Lethe and other items)
- Microfilms of David Garrick Manuscripts
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description